1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from another forum

As of today, new rules. Everything you need is in this document:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repositor...n Manual.pdf

Anything that's new or changed from last year's tests has a black bar next to it, big things I can think of:

Missing airbags are now a failure (so no "racing" steering wheels and a thriving market in OEM wheels with airbags)
Visual check for a cat even on vehicles that can pass emissions without it (although decatted diesels should still be fine as they're not emissions tested)
Remaps AREN'T a failure (at least yet), that was just a load of bollocks that got passed around a million forums at the start of 2011.
HIDs DON'T require self-levelling or washers, but if they're fitted they have to work. So aftermarket kits should still pass as long as they pass other parts of the test like the beam pattern etc.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Just had my mot done 29th of dec, the mot fella said they dont know whats happening this year but he said not going to be as bad as people think.

I said i might be track daying it this year so he put a bit more effort into it, only got rear pads slightly low and offside bottom ball joint slight play, passed with flying colours and the chopped bbox wasnt even mentioned woohoo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts