Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be fitting my latest eBay bargain tomorrow so just wandering how people mount their sub boxes so that they are fixed in position?
Any ideas would be welcomed
Oh and as for the eBay bargain - not bad for £20 all in

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good thinking - I've got loads of that stuff here

Whats a multi-plug?

I've mounted the amp to the side of the sub too so I don't have to drill into the car, weighs a bloody tonne now! Might lower the car a bit more for me!! Lol
It's only temporary - ill get a decent 10inch when I've got some money but for £20 including a nicely made box Im well pleased, picked it up about 500 metres from my house too!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and I've borrowed an alpine v12 4 way amp off a mate so gonna put my infinity kappa rear speakers through the amp too - should sound good I hope

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chrisjk - any experience of these subs mate - from what I can see they aren't cheap so I'm hoping it won't be half bad, would have preffered a 10 mainly for size but to be fair it's not that bad. Looks well made though and huge magnet on the back etc, just never actually heard one so not sure what to expect, guess its got to be better than the average fusion, fli type stuff I see in halfords all the time these days?

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Velcro isn't good enough to stop it moving around in my experience. I've made a 2 piece removable wood floor carpeted etc, keeps it solid.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Chrisjk - any experience of these subs mate - from what I can see they aren't cheap so I'm hoping it won't be half bad, would have preffered a 10 mainly for size but to be fair it's not that bad. Looks well made though and huge magnet on the back etc, just never actually heard one so not sure what to expect, guess its got to be better than the average fusion, fli type stuff I see in halfords all the time these days?
Excellent subs, my one was pretty loud and did give of a feel/sound of quality, just make sure you have a good amp to power it. Although the new ones are alot cheaper the one you have rrp'd for about £200 iirc. Like I said earlier though the weight put me off it in the end, you could really tell it was in the boot, especially in my 172.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the weight is definately not good but to be fair I have no spare wheel and cant be much of a difference between the 2 do hoping not to notice it, as said though is only temporary and I'll buy something smaller when I have some money, saying that though if it's as good as you say Ill probably love it and will end up keeping it!

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
build your self a nice little spare wheel hole like i did...aint going no were then and still have boot space....also you wont notice any difference in weight

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just wish they weren't so big I miss having a sub. I've had them in all my cars. But I love the boot space in this and don't wanna compromise this, cos my golf clubs wouldn't fit then haha

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I just wish they weren't so big I miss having a sub. I've had them in all my cars. But I love the boot space in this and don't wanna compromise this, cos my golf clubs wouldn't fit then haha
If your not carrying around a spare wheel then put one in there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts