Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lots of you will already be shouting NO NO but i ve always liked them not just for protection but they can look good too
since fitting wheel spacers to the rear they stick proud of the bumper so i searched for some on the net , renault dont do them for the 250
fitted these today ......

they are quite discreet aparty from the rear view so if they protect the car and keep it cleaner ill be happy , what do you guys think ?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Not bad really mate. Not that noticeable with them being black. Are they proper mud flaps or have you made them from rubber sheeting?

What size spacers did you fit??

·
Registered
227 Posts
Very subtle and i quite like them. Be interesting to hear how you get on during the rest of the winter and how much they actually cut done on the dirt being thrown up the car.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on the car they are hardly noticable , i quite like them my mate has put some on his green focus RS and i think it looks better with them on !
they are universal fitting but extra wide
i decided to fit them after going a drive with the focus last weekend we got back and his was spotless still mine had all black spray up the sides !!
the spacers are eibach 5 mm each side

·
Registered
202 Posts
The fronts look nice and subtle but i don't like the rears.
Will stop any crap being thrown towards the rear arches too.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I think they look ok
How did you fit them ( pics and guide would be good) I looked the other day but could not see a good way of fixing them.
I am fed up with the crap going all up the doors and onto the back arch, are they kylan ones?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
was a bit of a pain to fit , basically measured the car from the floor , jacked it up removed the wheel then jacked it down to the normal height with wheels on , got them in position i was happy with then drilled the rubber and used small self tapping screws to fix to bumper and arch linner , then used that side as reverse templates so otherside was exactly the same

·
Registered
964 Posts
I like 'em mate, we have a White RS and even after a good wash, after 5 mins of driving the splatters up the sides from the wheels make it look very dirty. Its white so it'll always look dirty in these winter mths. Where did you get the mud flaps from and how much were they?? I'd seriously look at fitting 'em just to avoid tar splatters in the warmer mths.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I see you have the reno chequered flag decal on the rear arch, are these genuine reno or an after market copy? I see loads of these on ebay but not sure if they're any good or not.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the flaps do the job really well went for a drive sunday not a black splatter in sight !!!! got them of ebay , they were £19.90 for 2 pairs tried to do a link but dont work !! search wide mud flaps they are 9" wide any less wont cover the tyres , the decals are also off ebay ill find the seller they are good , some decals from ebay are rubbish

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i trimmed the rears to clear a bit of the arch liner so the mudflap sat flat , i have a template one if your any where near me
to be honest you dont really notice them only from the back of the car but i think they look ok and if they keep it clean and protect the paint i m happy

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just seen your in donny im working in barnsley if you need the template or i m up near you at the in laws 18 th feb

·
Registered
964 Posts
Cheers bud for the template offer, i'm actually in Retford, Nott's. I'll have a look at the m.flaps when they get here then decide if I need to borrow the template. Where are the outlaws that you're visiting? Any news on the flag decal?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the in laws are in crowle , if you want the template no problem but it is quite easy , the decals are from a company called n2 grafix.... [email protected] i had slighty smaller than the standard size cause i did nt want it to go onto the door

1 - 20 of 60 Posts