Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help!

also i cant seem to find much info on the airbox mod, like how to do and if the caf needs to be sealed onto the airbox or have a gap around the edge.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I think you should drop the airbox mod atm bud and sort the spanners out.

Have you checked subframe bolts and engine mounts?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
subframe mounts? sorry im a novice at this stuff. kinda checked mounts and i feel the top one needs doing but renault say they dont!!!!

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
got a phone with video and internet? cant really help you is it top or bottom of engine? left or right? what does it sound like it really?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
after posting this i just went to pick my wifey up from work, on motorway i floored in at 60mph in 6th gear and got severe misfire and very little acceleration! unbelieveable that it happens when i want info on when they should be changed. could it possibly be the cat? as this happened on another car of mine a few years ago (mg zr 160) just wouldnt go above 30mph that one. with the meggy now i can rev it and it seems ok, put go to drive it and its awfu missfiring! help!!!

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
so idle is now ok. so you have a misfire so coil, plugs, injectors, possible fuel pump

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
When you had the mis-fire did the management light flash ?. If so check which cylinder with a scanner. That way you are not spending money on bits you don't need. Also my meg has always popped out of the exhaust. Even with the big injectors in it. May be worth changing the plugs if they weren't changed at the 64k service.
Cheers lee.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
plugs were changed a few months ago. so coils injectors or fuel pump. if i drive gently it doesnt do it then put my foot down it just misfires really bad .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
engine management light did flash a couple of times then never saw it again. im thinking injectors cos like i say its under acceleration so they wont be getting the fuel needed am i right?

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
how much is a fuel pump likely to cost fitted? also for injectors fitted?
fuel pump is around £220 plus fitting at around an hours work. injectors are around £200 plus about an hours labour fitting. all not cheap. my bet would be injectors but you could do with getting the fault codes read and try and find a cylinder fault then swap a few things round and eliminate things one by one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts