Megane Sport Forum banner

My Car woes continue... Why my car?

875 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  theclarkster 
#1 ·
So I have...

Funny rubbing/belt noise that has cost me loads not to get fixed...
Dent in the drivers door done by a 'park and run' at the Eden Project...
Air in the brake system after a calliper was replaced...

and now... (obviously just for the fun of it!)...

I have two 5p sized dents (through the paint and plastic) in the front bumper about 20mm from the botom edge just below the fog lights (44" apart)... The day after it went in for it's MOT and calliper replacement...
I know it wasn't there before then, as I cleaned the car the night before it went in (and, like many here, I'm a little OCD about checking for new stone chips etc...).

When questioned about it (I only originally noticed the bigger one of the two) one mechanic mentioned the possibility of the ramp having done it, before his boss abruptly shot him down before he'd even finished his sentence...

But it can't be speed bump damage (as first thought) as I drive like Morgan Freeman out of 'Driving Miss Daisy' when it comes to speed bumps (even to the extent of having grand-dad in his Micra try to overtake me between bumps today!! Bloody boy racers!!)and there is no damage or scraping between these dents... But scraping down from the dents and underneath the bumper (with fresh paint and plastic threads hanging down)...

As the guys that did the work are part of the Transport garage in work, I shall pop down tomorrow with camera and tape measure... and some of the 'pi$$ed off, bad attitude' I've been carrying around for the last day!!
The MOT was carried out at a test centre used by the work garage, and I'm there on Wednesday to get the brakes bled (I don't trust the work's garage now) with my camera and tape measure again... but I believe that the ramp/rollers used aren't the guilty ones (I've had work done here before and not experienced anything nearly as incompetent as this from them).

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow... as it looks a right mess... :cussing:

I must have done something 'really' bad in a previous life... this payback sucks a$$..

See less See more
#5 ·
Theclarkster
Your not the only one m8 i took a neighbours Audi a4 in for repair at my workplace,
the ****s in the workshop only pushed a pug 307 into the drivers door...
Ended up putting a new door on, as it creased to door skin!!
What made it worse was it was silver so had to blended aswell!!
Only in for a days work lol...

#6 ·
For a moment... the sun shone down on me... it was brief, but I did smile...

Took the car in to be bled (brakes) and had a few 'bubbles' exorcised from the system... (mostly the back though!!)... The car now stops when I want it to... and the pedal feels nice and firm from top to bottom... 15mins of garage time... and no cost...

Took the opportunity to take photos of the rollers and ramp with and without the car on them... layed out the tape measure and took pics to clarify/prove that the front of the car wasn't damaged having the brakes tested here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.