Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righty...with buying quite a few products over christmas and with santa bringing me a karcher for christmas i decided to give it a go.

So here are the products;

1st
I havent got any snowfoam so i gave the megs gold class shampoo a try.
I gave the car a quick pressure wash down, then put 2in of mega GC shampoo in the snowfoam bottle and fill to the top with warm water.

I didnt realise that you can change the thickness of the snowfoam until after i took these pics.

After i rinsed the snow foam off i realised that the megs shampoo lifted quite alot of dirt off.

my next step was to wash again using the two bucket system with one filled with a squirt of megs shampoo again and filled up with warm water and the other filled with just water, washed with a meguiars lambs wool mitt and dried with wash leather, not the best does the job for the time being.

I then waxed the car using gold class liquid wax again meguiars applied by foam applicator and buffed off with mircofibre cloth.

I then used megs nxt generation spray wax probably unnessacery but wanted to give over the top off the liquid wax,i applied by spray bottle and worked in until hazed and left for 5mins buffed off with microfibre. (no photos of these steps)

A quick spray over with megs ultimate detailer, sprayed on then buffed off again with microfibre cloth.

Now for the plastics and rubbers i used meguiars ultimate trim detailer, never used this before and with the plastics quite fadded along with the rubber window seals it brought back a dark glossy finish, not that greasy to so worked pretty well.

End results are;

hope you all like, i know its not the best of the detailing malarky but for the first time i enjoyed doing it.

any comments welcome

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Looking good pal, thinking about shooting down to yours when the bits are done rather than you drivng to mine, that way the wife will leave us alone lol!

What lance you using?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Looks good pal
Wanna do mine before it back on the road?
It's in the Garrage at work snuggled up for winter till march havin cambelt and hub bearings fitted so no rush

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A foam bottle lance kit with male spigot coupling attachment on a k2.400 pressure washer,

Yeah bud get yourself down when their done mate and I'll get kettle on. :)

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Looking good, shampoo as snow foam looked good I tried that but didn't work so well for me. I now have some Chemical Guys snow foam and works a treat.
Same lance as me I'm very pleased with it.

Like the colour of your car :)

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Very nice work mate, when foaming my car I always add a couple of drops of shampoo just for the extra bubblyness,

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers for the comments guys, I really enjoyed it.

I've been asked to do a mk1 focus rs and after that a lad wants me to do us 09 ultimate green rs, so can't wait.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers Gregor.

I no, but at least I enjoy cleaning her, theirs just issues with the bumper I'm not happy with, dam stone chips.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It wouldn't bother me so much but the previuos owner was a right tool!! He used orange markerpen to cover some up and the underneath is scratched to bits. :-(

How's your inferno keeping??

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
mine ok pal touch a large piece of wood at the side of me lol
mot next week please be kind hope not to much wrong with it
will after put a pic up on here when it nice a clean bit dirty at the moment tho

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mine was in just before Christmas. Just needed driveshaft clips and a side light bulb. Got a knock that comes every so often so think it could be engine mount or a hub bearing.

Well have to me up bud and try and get a few more infernos to come along

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I saw my 1st inferno today and I must admit the colour was really nice in the flesh / metal / paint

the pics on the internet dont do it justice

1 - 20 of 27 Posts