Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i sold the megane and bought my evo.im very happy with it.standard at the mo apart from the 3inch full scorpion exhaust with decat and 5inch tailpipe,large cone filter but ive just got the cambelt done.ive got a nice long list of stuff for my stage 1
here we go be gentle:tt2::tt2:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Tommi Maks are 6s are they not? That bumper is from a 5 GSR.

Anyway, nice car and rarish in that colour. Quite fragile cars when you play with them though.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Looking good mate :) be prepared to waste a fortune on fuel thou lol.

My mates got 2 6s. A Highly modded, mint mint gsr running 400 with RS diffs etc, near as dammit untouchable on the road. His other us a 11k mile Mak.

Maks were definetly all 6s not 5s.!

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Gosh, they are starting to look a bit old now.

Love the colour, but dont like the evo 8 wheels.

Never really got on with my 6 tbh, found the 8 a much nicer drive.

Enjoy the mlr, lol!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers for the comments all.ive got a long list of things that are changing including the wheels

im glad i got mine.it only comes out when ever but i do have a daily drive motor and if i was worried about the petrol i would not of got it

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
To my knowledge, there was never an evo 5 Tommi Mak road car?

Only a normal Tommi Mak, the rare RS and the even rarer Monte Carlo. They are all based on the evo 6 shape :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they only made a tommi in a 6.i was looking at them but they was over priced for a few different bits to what i have on mine

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
are they really that bad on fuel i was looking at them (maybe only dreaming) also are they dear to keep?

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I get about 20mpg round town, less if you like boost lol, but can do 30s fairly easy on a motorway run.

Iv got an X thou so only needs a service once a year instead of every 3k. It came with the 3 year service pack aswell which is a bonus :biggthumpup:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
The trouble with Evos is they only have a small petrol tank. At most it will only hold about 60 quids worth of v-power. That will give me a range of anywhere between 160-280 miles.

My mpg always resets to zero if the car is parked up for a few hours (very annoying!) so if I'm stuck in traffic to and from work its does struggle to get above 17mpg. On open roads thou, its easy enough to get 20-25 with the more normal cruise/boost kinda drive.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
^that!

I get about the same MPG between the EVO and the Megane when the meg was stg2. If i put 20 quid in the evo i get about 60 miles round town.

I really need to sell the evo because it just sits there most of the time, waste of a car tbh

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
The fuel consumption of an evo is rediculous, absolutely terrible.

I drove my 8 to glasgow once, steady 70, and filled up 3 times!! Can do it on 1 tank in the meg. Anyone who says an evos mpg aint too bad is just trying to cheer themselves up, lol.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts