Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken ownership of these MINT WRC snow/tarmac tyres in my favourite 235x40x18 flavouring.... courtesy of a close friend!!!!

The "WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP USE ONLY" markings may not be favourable with my insurance company however having seen these in action... they are AWESOME!!!

Fitting them up to remove my existing 225x40x18 snow tyres this weekend.:cowboy:

By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/martini1977]martini1977 at 2011-12-15[/URL]

By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/martini1977]martini1977 at 2011-12-15[/URL]

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I wonder why the have for world rally championship only on them?
I thought all rally tyres had to be road legal, unless it is somthing to do with the speed rating they probably are only rated for a relativly low speed as rally cars would be geared down when these are needed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Each tyre is individually bar-coded for each driver (marshall's check before race), they're not for general sale so I dont think you can buy them on the open market???

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really Nice Mate.
Not very Jealous..
Haha!!! They are tasty!

Had them out for the first time in the snow on Sunday, They have MUCH more ability than I do in these conditions.
When cornering on snow I'd normally expect a bit of understeer.. Not even a hint and Accelerating up a hill, no problem...
Despite being 235's the tyre curves inwards giving a much smaller footprint than the normal summer tyres (will try to get a photo to illustrate), alloys will be kerbed if you're not careful when parking.

VERY noisy on Tarmac with a noticeable drone, but I can live with that!!

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
is this a joke?
those tyres look like from the 80s (most probably they are). and the tread is almost gone. what is this supposed to be?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts