Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just gave the R26 a quick wash as it not been done for about a month and a half :(

Though id take some quick snaps.

Spec so far since i bought it is.

4 new Dunlop sp sport maxx tt
H&R spring
New Brembo drilled discs all round
EBC Yellow stuff pads all round
HEL braided brake lines
AP DOT 5.1 brake fluid

Next on the list is
Blueflame, KTR or Milltek turbo back, decatted exhaust system
Forge or KTR FMIC
Then RS Tuneing stage 2 map. Should be good for 270bhp and 300ft lbs ish then :D

Opinions welcome :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looking for a nice balanced fast road setup.

Its a lovely car to drive on the road as it stands now. Just needs abit more go go.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Car looks good mate.

If your only aiming for 270bhp then you might only have to change the intercooler.

Maybe the airbox mod would help aswell :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do the springs feel like compared to standard?
They're fantastic. The ride quality has hardly changed. (standard ride quite harsh anyway) The ever so slight body roll on turn in has disappeared. It has the same huge grip and the handling is still as confidence inspiring as ever.

I read so much about springs being detrimental to the R26 handling. They realy aren't.
The only bad side is fitting. They were absolute bitch to fit on the front!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car looks good mate.

If your only aiming for 270bhp then you might only have to change the intercooler.

Maybe the airbox mod would help aswell :)
Not really aiming for 270, just whatever stage 2 and exhaust and airfilter will produce.

Whats the airbox mod?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Good Job dude! I'll detail it for you if you want one week, Springs look good, I'd invest in the uprated rod bolts and injectors too, I'm goin to get the new ktec turbo rather than wind up the stock one too much.. too many died a death cos of boost :O

have you seen my rear brace?? ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There good. Plenty of bite from cold, Very good once they have some temp into them. There noisey though. There coverd in copper grease and have anti squeal shims but still loud when there cold.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good Job dude! I'll detail it for you if you want one week, Springs look good, I'd invest in the uprated rod bolts and injectors too, I'm goin to get the new ktec turbo rather than wind up the stock one too much.. too many died a death cos of boost :O

have you seen my rear brace?? ;)
New turbos sounds expensive though :(

Send me a message on facebook with your number. I lost my numbers a a few months ago. :crying:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts