Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I know this was posted before the site crashed, Im thinking of getting a Navman and remember seeing posts that they wont work with the UV windscreen. Does anyone know if this is the case or do I need a external aerial or something.

Any help would be gratefull.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Dave or a moderator will move it for you matey! :wink:

Do you have a full fat or a cup?

I think the cups don't have the uv protection on the front screen...

Also if you get an external aerial its simple to mount it towards the back of the car on the roof by going through the gap in the boot so you'll have no probs doing that,

Alternatively if you do have the UV windscreen then i'm sure at the top of the windscreen in the middle, there should be a section of window that isn't uv'd by the rear view mirror, so you could mount the aerial there.

If someone has the nav as standard in their meg, then do you have a aerial on display? If so where is it?

Either way mate you'll get it working one way or another :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Navman iCN520 and i find it works without the external aerial but it is on the limit . I think if you are going to use it a lot then the external is a must ...

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I have a nav man and basically the front windscreen on the megane is heat reflective which basically means its like having a sheet of metal there. However if you position it near the window you are ok though its a little "iffy" as such.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got the ICN520 and it works fine in the 225 but it wont work in the wifes Scenic

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I've used a TomTom 300 in my car but i'm not sure if the Trophy has the same window as the Cup. Probably does as everything else is the same spec.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I'm running TomTom with a Bluetooth GPS module. It sits next to the windscreen and works fine. I must be lucky

Full Fat 225 with cup pack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts