Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says really, need ideas for a sporty ish diesel to chop the megane in against, ideally for a straight swap or cash my way.

Might be getting a new job but its an 80mile round trip per day so a diesel is needed asap, plus i have developed a hatred for renaults lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
skoda fabia vrs is probably a good shout. never been in one right enought but i've heard they're good - for a diesel anyway...

if you believe wikipedia:

"Official figures state 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) takes 9.6 seconds, but several motoring magazines and websites have measured faster times (around the 7.0-7.5 seconds range) (Autocar: 7.1 seconds,[2] Auto Express: 8.1 seconds,[3] and FastHatchbacks.com: 8.5 seconds[4]). The in gear acceleration times are 50-70 mph in 5.6 seconds, quicker than BMW's 330i which takes 6.0 seconds. 20-40 mph in 2.4 seconds is as quick as the Lotus Elise 111R. Despite this the Fabia vRS can achieve better than 6.2 L/100 km (46 mpg-imp; 38 mpg-US). If driven carefully some drivers have experienced MPG rates of 65-70 mpg over long periods. The Fabia VRS has a top speed of 128 mph (206 km/h)."

·
Registered
289 Posts
I owned a Fabia vRs for 2 years & it was great no problems, it went well & was great on fuel 40 mpg round town & 60 mpg was possible on a run. I had mine mapped 175 bhp so gave lots of people a shock. Only downside was it handled s**t & the steering far to light but these can be sorted with ARB and springs ect...

Tbh most VAG cars with a PD130/150/160 is a quickish derv & gives good mpg... Stay away from the PD170 as the dpf is a pain in the ass...

As above Bmw 330d is a good car but your mpg will be under 40mpg.. What about a bmw 120d 160bhp stock, rwd & does over 40mpg???

Lots of options tbh

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Don't shoot me but what about an Astra 1.9 cdti they tune well... and are cheap?
That's what i was going to say, those 888 versions they did are fairly cheap nowadays and yeah a vauxhall might be traitorish, but at least it aint a skoda!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's what i was going to say, those 888 versions they did are fairly cheap nowadays and yeah a vauxhall might be traitorish, but at least it aint a skoda!!
The 888 are suppose to be great but are still over priced imo still around the 9 grand mark.

Whats wrong with Skoda! If you know anything about cars then you'l know they are good cars now.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
The 888 are suppose to be great but are still over priced imo still around the 9 grand mark.

Whats wrong with Skoda! If you know anything about cars then you'l know they are good cars now.
Probably great cars - but still are, and always will be...a Skoda.

I wet myself laughing not that long ago when I overheard someone tell his friend; "skoda, vw's word for cheap!!"

·
Registered
309 Posts
Golf mk4 TDI,110 ,130 or 150 they are all good,incredible mpg,quite comfortable,decent torque.
Own a mk4 tdi 110 for 3 years as an everyday car,gets the job done.
If you want a more newish diesel and sporty than go for a mk6 GTD,the best diesel you can chose out there IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got a guy interested in a straight swap for a MK5 Golf, think its an 06 plate iirc, same mileage and its the 1.9gttdi iirc lol. Think he mentioned 170bhp.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Got a guy interested in a straight swap for a MK5 Golf, think its an 06 plate iirc, same mileage and its the 1.9gttdi iirc lol. Think he mentioned 170bhp.
If its a Mk5 & a 1.9tdi then its only 105bhp so a remap maybe 130ish bhp the 2.0tdi is 140hp or 170hp.. stay away from the Pd170 mate its poo imo

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Face-lift 1 series 118d, 143bhp, £20 a year tax, 50+mpg combined and rear wheel drive.

Going to trade the Mrs's Mini Cooper in for one soon..... God my selling it too myself to buy one now.

I've also been looking at 123d Coupes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts