Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently spent some coinage on some rear speakers, they were around £70 Pioneer ones.
Fitted them.... and the sound is slightly better but there is not alot of bass and the quality is **** compared to my friends clio 200 with standard headunit and speakers.

I think I need some sound deadening in there! whats best way to get some decent tunes pumping out?? invest in better gear......

Rich

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I've put sound deadening in the back - didn't really notice any difference - weird cars - just so little bass
My sisters mini sounds amazing compared to mine and we have the same speakers pretty much
Think the only way forward really is a sub personally, will be my next step I think

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Have you tried splitting the sound, running all your low frequency through the back speaker and hi to mid in the front?.
Great thing about bass is its non directional so your ear can't detect where it is coming from, also the more individual components running the different frequency the better for over all quality.
In failing all that add a sub and have it only run the low's and have your in car component's running the hi's.. With a pioneer head unit you should be able to generate a good quality of sound..

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Theres lots of pics on my blog - could do with getting some new ones - now have the official renault sport gear knob too

I've got infinity kappa rears which although have more bass than the standard still sound really tinny, I've tried adjusting settings loads of times but dont really achieve what I want, it sounds ok, very clear just hugely lacking some bass

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've got pioneers in mine and don't like them, but I come from car audio competition background that's why I built specific pods. Ideally to get the best sound you would have sound from the front of the car only (to create a sound stage) and as already been said a sub in the rear as its non directional. You could take the glove box out and build a subbox in its place :)

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Only way to get better sound in the meg is with a subwoofer.

That or lots of money to modify the front doors to accept much bigger speakers. Thinking about it, I don't even think my rear speakers are turned up at the moment :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I've got pioneers in mine and don't like them, but I come from car audio competition background that's why I built specific pods. Ideally to get the best sound you would have sound from the front of the car only (to create a sound stage) and as already been said a sub in the rear as its non directional. You could take the glove box out and build a subbox in its place :)
Have you thought about changing your pioneers to focal slims? http://www.focal.com/en/car-audio-sound/haut-parleurs/kits-2-voies-se-pare-es/130-vrs.php

Running those amped up and these are very good. With your pods I'm sure you can run the 130 VR's using up the extra depth you've created.

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts

thats how i sorted mine out :-D sounds quality and its only running on a standard headunit and speakers.... its not great compared to some set ups iv had but its bloody better than standard running power through them speakers

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hopefully getting a new headunit for xmas - so will see how that makes things sound...as a few places I have spoke to said upgrading the headunit will improve things massively...... other than that its route for a sub etc....

·
Registered
931 Posts
Where is the best place to buy this focal stuff?? anybody know the biggest of there speakers you can fit in the front and the back without butchering the door lol

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Where is the best place to buy this focal stuff?? anybody know the biggest of there speakers you can fit in the front and the back without butchering the door lol
Thought you were skint!

130mm fronts and rears and they can't be deep magnets on the front door speakers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts