Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well iv been searching on here and can't really find an answer to my questions so here goes...
i have a 1.5dci 86bhp, there's a longlife exhaust place near to me and they said they can remap the car, offering one of 3 packages, overall improvement, better power or torque. now iv asked them about the overall improvement and they reckon ill see over 100bhp and 240-250 ftlb of torque which is ideal. anybody had any dealings with them as its only 200 all in. I currently have an itg filter and also want an exhaust made up, I'm looking for the gt style rear pipes but not sure on the dpf?? some say I have one, some don't?? is it worth having a full system made? ohand the car is an 08 plate... thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have noticed he has a very good reputation, but being in south Wales its a little too far, and if I can save 150 on the remap then ill be happy, as ill have the exhaust done at the same time ill have a discount

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Yeah it is a little far I agree. I'm in mid wales and I travel to see him. When people are tuning engines it is essential they know what they are doing. If they don't you could see all sorts of problems with engine lights etc and worst case scenario premature engine failure. I'm not trying to scare you out of it but I would rather spend the extra and know its done correctly.

I'm not saying that this company you talk about is no good at mapping cars but a good reputation spreads like wildfire and I can't say I've heard of them. Good luck with whichever road you follow!!

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I can only echo comments already go and speak to rstuning. as for the dpf if you do get a full system made up to I think you also need the dpf mapping out of the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so if my car doesn't have a dpf then I'm wasting money having a full system made? and when I spoke to the manager at longlife he told me their remaps have a 12month warranty and if I do any work then they will change the map to suit. there a pretty big company, but never looked at remaps before as my previous cars have been petrol n/a 106gti's.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I am 99% sure only the 1.9dci had the fap filter?? Could be wrong though
This is what I thought. Although newer models (even the dCi 110) have the FAP filter, and maybe the dCi 88 in the Clio but not sure on that one.
Mate of mine got RS Tuning to set-up his Clio and seemed to do a really tidy job, your call though :)

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
If you are going to spend £££'s getting a custom exhaust sysytem made up. You are not going to see any gains unless you get the car mapped to suit. Will long life do that?. A free'er flowing exhaust should give you some gains depending on how restrictive your standard one is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah longlife will map to suit the exhaust and filter, apperntly its not a 'generic' type map but an individual one for each person if that makes sense. i would go to rst but just cant justify the cost difference/fuel to travel, how far away it is etc. its not going to happen until at least easter, i still want to do the brakes and suspension first

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if that was the case surely not even rst would offer this? hmm maybe a little more research is needed now

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well looks like im having the remap on saturday, longlife exhausts are doing half price remaps as a new year special spoke to them today and the guy in charge is apparently a software engineer. the maps are custom to each car. 3 of us are having them done, mates mondeo st220, cooper d and mine... some of £135 each. complete with rr print out and ability to change map for no charge with any future modifications. asked about the clio dci faults and he said they were lower powered than the megane and had to increase fueling too much to get good results?

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Hey grantdan you got ur messages turned off, cant contact you, anyway Yes mate still got the standard flat roof spoiler in inferno orange, but there a piece of pi** to sand down and repaint to wha ever colour u like, as for fixing it to ur car ALĻ you do is predrill the holes and put a seal of silicone right round then bolt it up tight. There no bolts with it but you can buy 5 Allen bolts for it from Celtic fasteners for about 2 quid. Collected is £20. Posted is £30.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts