Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Think you might find the newer ContiSport Contact 5 cheaper?

camskill.co.uk
mytyres.co.uk
blackcircles.com

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the 3s on the back at the moment wanted to get them all the same or does it not matter as much? Thanks for the links

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Well the 5s are 'alot' better than the 3s. It doesn't matter majorly despite what people say aslong as you keep the same tyres to the same axle.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the 5s are 'alot' better than the 3s. It doesn't matter majorly despite what people say aslong as you keep the same tyres to the same axle.
The 5s are allot better aren't they, just read about them. Gonna get them instead. Thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
No problem, they are still quite a soft compound so dont expect much over 10-15k from them on the fronts, worth it however.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
No problem, they are still quite a soft compound so dont expect much over 10-15k from them on the fronts, worth it however.
10-15k I'd love that. mine look like doing 7-8k and that's with only 1 track day. they do wear very fast once worn in. a few on here have gone through a set in under 10k now. but like you say worth it :)

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Yes mine actually managed about 6k, maybe i was being slightly optemisitc, but i dont know how he drives :)

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes mine actually managed about 6k, maybe i was being slightly optemisitc, but i dont know how he drives :)
Depends what kind of day I'm having or if I have any annoying drivers or honda's near me haha

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not if you have the cup/r26 wheels but I would think it would be best to have the same size front and back though?

Im pretty sure i don't have cup/r26 wheels, you can see a pic of them in the pic/vid section.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
they look like the ones to me mate although normally they are anthracite. if they are the ones then its an 8j rim that dis both 225 and 235 tyres but I would double check and let someone else cast their opinion on it too as I'm not 100%

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Must try harder LOL!

My current set of CSC3's are goosed (all 4), just short of 10k life.

Great tyres, up there with PS2's, arguably better in the wet.

Could do with real world comments on 5's over 3's as I'm due 4 new boots....
Yeah i have only read reviews on the net, all say good things about the 5s.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Must try harder LOL!

My current set of CSC3's are goosed (all 4), just short of 10k life.

Great tyres, up there with PS2's, arguably better in the wet.

Could do with real world comments on 5's over 3's as I'm due 4 new boots....
quite a few on here are using the 5s me included and they are very good but I can't compare them to the 3s as I've never used them.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts