Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've owned the car for a little over 1 month now, it's a 2008 model and despite the fact that it has completed over 138,000 miles now it just passed the MOT with only a very minor issue to sort. I've owned all sorts of cars in the past including a Lotus Carlton and a supercharged V8 Holden Commodore GTS.

The megane is very different to the rwd saloons but in the current climate and the mileage that I do for work the renault is a really good all rounder.
It's pretty rapid when you need it to be, handles well and returns good mpg. As ever, having said all that the fickle hand of fate has once again farted in my kettle and I lost both headlights last night on my drive home from work.

I kinda guessed that it was a fuse but I'm sure I've also read that if one bulb fails it can cause both to go out. I now have the deep joy of trying to get to the fuse box in the engine bay with all the joy that that brings. Issues so far being that the heads have gone on the bolts that hold the battery tray and base of the ECU in place. If/when I resolve that I have the added bonus of bulb removal and checking.............. Oh and it feels like the dawn of a new ice age outside, I've already removed enough skin from my hands to fashion a small briefcase and have decided to have a brew and a 'timeout' before I lose the plot and take a hammer to it.

Other than that................I really like the car.........................just not at the moment :crying:

Si

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Good luck with that.. Is this the black one from Ebay. Looked good, and dont worry about the miles. Good luck with the lights.

kojak.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
welcome to the forum,unfortunatly these little niggles are part of megane ownership but worth putting up with as they are great cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck with that.. Is this the black one from Ebay. Looked good, and dont worry about the miles. Good luck with the lights.

kojak.
Nope, it's an 'ultra blue' with the 18's and panoramic roof etc. I'm having yet another 'time out' because the heads on the star bolts that hold the battery tray in are goosed and I'm having to drill the poxy things out.............unsuccessfully may I add ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always thought blue was best, I reckon the're faster too ;-)

Anyhooooooo, I'm a happy bunny again, all fixed, put back together and no spare parts left over which is always a billy bonus. Let there be light, and there was light and we could see for bloody miles. One of the bulbs had self destructed in a pretty spectacular way so I hope it was due to a pot hole rather than some kind of power surge...............Time will tell :)

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Sudbury ey that means another one nearby I am in Earls Colne will keep an eye out for you! I think I saw the one you bought on the internet a few weeks back looked very nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts