Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
It will only a temporary blip in supply unfortunately.

I would like to see £3 per litre. Cuts down on congestion and re-establishes the social pecking order. Cars for those that deserve them.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Suspect so, nice excuse to push up the price regardless.

You might need to live a while (no idea how old you are) but could be 2050 before we break £2/l but the worlds full of threats.

On another point we may no longer require oil derived fuels for personal transport by the time we hit £3/l

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts

I would like to see £3 per litre. Cuts down on congestion and re-establishes the social pecking order. Cars for those that deserve them.
£3 a litre, that would be just crazy Conley! However your statement also makes a lot of sense, definitely :yes:

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Suspect so, nice excuse to push up the price regardless.

You might need to live a while (no idea how old you are) but could be 2050 before we break £2/l but the worlds full of threats.

On another point we may no longer require oil derived fuels for personal transport by the time we hit £3/l
You think? 10 years ago petrol was 75p/Litre in the UK. Fact. Check the trend.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
That's a choice you make, but thanks for the balanced input :D Any comment on the local economy or is that of no concern to you either?:p
The local economy is just the start of my worries. I also have the economies of Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain and Turkey to worry about along with civil unrest in
Egypt which is ****ing up a project I'm involved in and Iran is not the best of placed to be travelling to in the coming months.

But I don't give a toss for fuel prices :p

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

I like the way you think

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The local economy is just the start of my worries. I also have the economies of Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain and Turkey to worry about along with civil unrest in
Egypt which is ****ing up a project I'm involved in and Iran is not the best of placed to be travelling to in the coming months.

But I don't give a toss for fuel prices :p
No point worrying about the Eurozone, we're just passengers on that one.
Egypt has a long and distinguished history of unrest, it will pass. Iran, don't go, simple.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You think? 10 years ago petrol was 75p/Litre in the UK. Fact. Check the trend.
Not really, seems it's necessary tactic to attract a response sometimes, being wrong that is. The trends don't tell it all, 10 years ago you'd have said it might be 110p/l, but we already topped that. Now we say 260p/l by 2050. We won't decide, that is a fact.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The biggest threat to oil prices in the short term will be the speculators if Iran try to block the Straight of Hormuz. These numpties that made a fortune on the last oil crisis will do so again pushing oil well into three figures, even though Saudi will ramp up output to compensate.

Someone will come in a buy Coryton. BP have a big hand in there being a previous owner, and when the price is right someone will take it once the debts have been wiped.

That article read like the usual gutter press scaremongering to get a sensational headline, just like Sky News does.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
I remember the good old days of 75p a litre. To be honest is only BP and Texaco that are looking to be screwed at the moment as it was there supplier, lucky for me i use shell so hopefully wont see a knock on effect to an extent, plus i'm in the west midlands so its cheapish round these parts.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Short term blip or not, You can guarantee they won't come back down.
Exactly. And if BP or Texaco use this as an excuse to jack up the price, Shell for example are highly unlikely to stand by with a lower price and take their market share.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hence why I tried to open it up for some more balanced real world opinions. Thanks!
Apologies if it seemed I was having a pop at you for posting it up. It is a cracking debate that stirs a lot of emotion in every walk of life.

I work in Grangemouth in the complex that makes fuel for the whole of Scotland and north of England and I know the powers that be, would not think twice about forecasting contract changes to it's end users, which is every supermarket and branded fuel station.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts