Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Officially announced today to the world's media...

I am a big fan and personally think the car looks great. Am interested to hear your views and opinions!

Dave

·
Registered
563 Posts
I saw a boxter s on a 61 plate in Leamington Spa few weeks ago, looked very much like this except had the headrest heater/vents from the rear.

Looked and sounded the nuts

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
My misses has already been on the phone!! - Good news is its considerably cheaper than the gtr she wanted last week, lol.

I like it - in S form with pdk and could be a winner.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news is its considerably cheaper than the gtr she wanted last week, lol.

I like it - in S form with pdk and could be a winner.
Boxster = £37,589.00
Boxster S = £45,384.00

PDK is another £2,000 (approximately)

looks bigger, but not that much different to the current model, a little underwhelming. Glad the interior has been given the new look.
It will look quite different 'in the metal' to the current 987 model.

Surely it is about time you bought into one of Stuttgart's finest??!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Bold statement naith - ill reserve judgement on that one til I've seen one for real

Is there a new cayman coming out as well then (I'm way behind at the mo - get my dads car mags off him after he's read them but not been to his house for months so must have about 20 car mags to read by now)

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
that looks amazing, miles better than the 911.
I'd have to agree - we went to see the new 911 at Hatfield Porsche and it just looks so fussy. Personally I think the gen2 997 is actually a better looking car than the new 991, particularly the last of the line GTS models. New car's interior is a bit nice though.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
New boxster looks lovely.

I do really dislike the way Porsche colour code absolutely everything in the interior though, the more standard colours look fine but reds of brown/tan look horrendous. Some of the exterior / interior colour combos should be banned on good taste grounds.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New boxster looks lovely.

I do really dislike the way Porsche colour code absolutely everything in the interior though, the more standard colours look fine but reds of brown/tan look horrendous. Some of the exterior / interior colour combos should be banned on good taste grounds.
Just because they offer the colour combos it doesn't mean that you have to spec them! The launch colours aren't exactly what you'd call conservative though!

I cant bring myself to empty the trust fund.
Understandable but surely a new Boxster S with a bit of finance could be the way forwards?!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Just because they offer the colour combos it doesn't mean that you have to spec them! The launch colours aren't exactly what you'd call conservative though!
I have a slightly odd love of the brown! While I wouldnt personally spec a car with some of the truly horrendous interiors colours, there are enough examples in the PH classifieds of 996's etc that make me wonder if people were a touch colour blind (or maybe they liked it!!).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts