Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are to be some changes to the MOT test from 1st January 2012 which are being introduced in response to European Commission Directive 2010/48/EU of the 5th July 2010 and which will effect those with aftermarket HID headlights and remapped ECUs:

4.1.4 Compliance with requirements:
(a) Lamp, emitted colour, position or intensity not in accordance with the requirements
(b) Products on lens or light source which obviously reduce light intensity or change emitted colour
(c) Light source and lamp not compatible

4.1.5. Levelling devices (where mandatory):
(a) Device not operating.
(b) Manual device cannot be operated from driver’s seat.

4.1.6 Headlamp cleaning device (where mandatory):
Device not operating.

For anyone with a remap, section 6.1.9 may be relevant.

6.1.9 Engine performance:
(a) Control unit illegal modified.
(b) Illegal engine modification.

(by 'illegal', it is assumed that they mean changed/programmed differently from OEM specifications)

There will also be a new check on the general condition of the wiring:

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
This sounds like B.S!!

A mot is a visual inspection...fact!
If tdf couldn't detirmine whether caymans car had been remapped when they were testing the new filter out, what chance does a mot tester have in 40 minutes?

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is bull****.

There's no need whatsoever for an MOT tester to connect your car up to a laptop / fault code reader of ANY kind other than the emissions probe / tester.

Steven's right.

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
i'm locking this as its just scaremongering. actually no sod it, i'll keep it open... good discussion and example of how pap spreads.

I have took my HIDS out mind, for a start i only kept them in the hope i'd find some ph1 projectors. Theres some xenon filled bulbs out there now that arent as bright but still look great (phillips iirc) so i'll be getting them... keeps it OEM+ too

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Dont see it happening, it would cost them far to much to put diagnostic equipment etc in every mot station...

like said a mot is a visual to make sure the car is road worthy and safe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.