Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
A new model after only 2 years and 4 months? Desperate times. At least that's made my mind up - the 250 was my last Renault purchase. With depreciation high on the 250 and a price increase coming I can't get my head round it. (oh and for anyone who bought a Trophy for £27,000. Gutted. :()

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Good news for people looking to buy a 2nd hand 250 in the latter half of the year, not so hot i've you've ordered one recently.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Just as we all predicted then? The facelift has 265bhp in standard form.

Sounds lovely, but I'm still going to be holding onto my 250 assuming it has no major issues by the end of my finance period.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Pics have appeared on the RenaultSport site.

Not the massive facelift we were expecting....

Looks like slight change to the DRL's and amended headlight design.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
A new model after only 2 years and 4 months? Desperate times. At least that's made my mind up - the 250 was my last Renault purchase. With depreciation high on the 250 and a price increase coming I can't get my head round it. (oh and for anyone who bought a Trophy for £27,000. Gutted. :()
I am still pleased with my purchase of a Trophy. I am not that naive to think the world stays still. Of course the facelifted Megane was going to have the extra power.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
There was longer "official" text about the RS phase 2 from renaultsport.co.uk on this thread earlier but now it's gone for some reason. Is it possible that somebody with access to renaultsport.co.uk would repost that text?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Mégane Renaultsport 2012: extra horsepower and more torque for even punchier performance

Mégane Renaultsport 265’s Renaultsport Dynamic Management delivers 15 extra horsepower and 20Nm additional torque. By selecting the Sport Mode, the driver can benefit from peak power of 265hp and up to 360Nm of torque for even crisper acceleration response.

Thanks to this Renaultsport innovation, it is possible to use Mégane Renaultsport 265’s potential to the full, notably on tracks.

At the same time, the sound produced by Mégane Renaultsport’s engine has been revised to ensure a satisfying pitch at all revs thanks a more open exhaust design and a reinforced sound pipe.

In terms of looks, the front end is more expressive, while the F1-style front blade which is a characteristic of Renaultsport models features two rows of six LEDs and the headlights sport black surrounds.

The centre of the new design 18-inch alloy wheels (satin finish or matt black) as well as the 19-inch wheels, feature an ‘R.S.’ logo, and a new option is the Renaultsport Red Design Pack which comprises red striping for the front blade, side sills and diffuser.

A new interior trim has been introduced, featuring visible red stitching for the steering wheel, dashboard trim, gearlever knob and surround. The new, distinctive two-tone light grey and charcoal leather upholstery can also be specified as an option, as can fabric or leather Recaro seats and a predominantly yellow ambience.

Other sporty details include a black lacquer finish for the centre console and air vent surrounds, plus a charcoal-effect finish for the door panel inserts

Available to order from April 2012, with first customer deliveries in May...

Prices and full specifications will be announced in March...

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
So the limited Trophy now becomes unlimited.

Sorry, I got that wrong. The Trophy has different tyres.......

1 - 20 of 199 Posts