Megane Sport Forum banner

New RS Megane for 2012 announced!!

38K views 198 replies 51 participants last post by  plunder_Bunny 
#1 ·
#5 ·
A new model after only 2 years and 4 months? Desperate times. At least that's made my mind up - the 250 was my last Renault purchase. With depreciation high on the 250 and a price increase coming I can't get my head round it. (oh and for anyone who bought a Trophy for £27,000. Gutted. :()

#16 ·
Mégane Renaultsport 2012: extra horsepower and more torque for even punchier performance

Mégane Renaultsport 265’s Renaultsport Dynamic Management delivers 15 extra horsepower and 20Nm additional torque. By selecting the Sport Mode, the driver can benefit from peak power of 265hp and up to 360Nm of torque for even crisper acceleration response.

Thanks to this Renaultsport innovation, it is possible to use Mégane Renaultsport 265’s potential to the full, notably on tracks.

At the same time, the sound produced by Mégane Renaultsport’s engine has been revised to ensure a satisfying pitch at all revs thanks a more open exhaust design and a reinforced sound pipe.

In terms of looks, the front end is more expressive, while the F1-style front blade which is a characteristic of Renaultsport models features two rows of six LEDs and the headlights sport black surrounds.

The centre of the new design 18-inch alloy wheels (satin finish or matt black) as well as the 19-inch wheels, feature an ‘R.S.’ logo, and a new option is the Renaultsport Red Design Pack which comprises red striping for the front blade, side sills and diffuser.

A new interior trim has been introduced, featuring visible red stitching for the steering wheel, dashboard trim, gearlever knob and surround. The new, distinctive two-tone light grey and charcoal leather upholstery can also be specified as an option, as can fabric or leather Recaro seats and a predominantly yellow ambience.

Other sporty details include a black lacquer finish for the centre console and air vent surrounds, plus a charcoal-effect finish for the door panel inserts

Available to order from April 2012, with first customer deliveries in May...

Prices and full specifications will be announced in March...

#37 ·
What poor soul has to dig up that sort of sales blurb:

.....peak power of 265hp and up to 360Nm of torque for even crisper acceleration response (she’s running really crisp today).....engine has been revised to ensure a satisfying pitch (I’ll check it with my tuning fork)... the front end is more expressive (talk to me...)....... a predominantly yellow ambience (how quaint) ....reinforced sound pipe (sounds useful)..... visible red stitching (as opposed to invisible stitching) ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.