Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after owning my car for 4 years now ive finally decided to do something about the PANTS speaker set up .

So i set about dismanteling the rear panels & Dynamatting the rear quarters...

Then i made some MDF adapters to allow me to fit the 6.5" Focals to the oem panels.

Once back together the only give away was "the sound obviously" but the tweeters mounted in the parcel shelf holders.

Then i decided the front needed sorting. So with the help of Brendan who manufactured these pods & some JL audio mids & tweeters the sound is now much refined.

My set up is an Alpine double din DVD head unit with bluetooth & Ipod connection, MP3 changer, Alpine Sat Nav & Freeview. This is connected to built in Veba headrest screens.
The headunit is powering a Rockford Fosgate punch amp to run 4 channels to the speakers & a Phoenix Gold 1000w RMS Mono amp to run the subs.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers Lee

·
Registered
144 Posts
how easy was it to mount using the baffles? is there a fair amount of room for a decent size magnet? i have a set of 6.5" midbass from my last build

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rears were a straight fit. No cutting of the panels. As for the baffles they are the standard ones & not something I've added.
Cheers lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts