Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone bought some new toys today from k-tech,iv gone and got myself a dump valve with the black fitting kit almost got the the light green kit but changed my mind last minute,got a blanking plate,panel filter and samco induction pipe and boost pipe also found 2 conti contact 3's on ebay for £270 and they are brand new so i bought them,bargin,thinking bout an intercooler and remap now,would love to see 300bhp from her,any pointer on how to this stuff would be great

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
nah you wont need to forge it for 300bhp lol....but its not done easy or cheap...and you will destroy your clutch lol
Yet as you look for more power, you increase the loading on the engine. There have been a few stage 2+ cars where either the rods have bent or one of the pistons let go. Granted there are plenty of cars that haven't had issues yet when running higher power levels, but it is naive not to consider the extra risk. For the sake of the marginal investment in the engine internals compared to everything else required to make 300bhp, I think you would be pretty mad not to do it considering the implications if the internals fail.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Yet as you look for more power, you increase the loading on the engine. There have been a few stage 2+ cars where either the rods have bent or one of the pistons let go. Granted there are plenty of cars that haven't had issues yet when running higher power levels, but it is naive not to consider the extra risk. For the sake of the marginal investment in the engine internals compared to everything else required to make 300bhp, I think you would be pretty mad not to do it considering the implications if the internals fail.
Agree with you mate, but forged internals aint cheap!

Once you fit uprated internal a 300bhp hybrid setup wont be enough and would be hard to justify the extra spend.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know that,i was just saying i would like to get it to 300,even with what i said id be lucky to see 260

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Even stage 1 without other mods makes a huge difference, I don't think I would like mine to do much more than that (275 lbft, 254 bhp) or it would spoil other aspects of the driving experience. Consider the short shift mod, plenty on here (including myself have it and love it). Other than that I would look at brakes and tyres.

There are a few cambridge based members on here who might be willing to take you out for a run in their cars to let you see what they are like.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Yes. Are you around saturday? Im going to cancun (spring breakkkkk) on sunday so il be around tooooon saturday. Il pm you my number, drop me a txt so iv got yours

1 - 11 of 11 Posts