Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been having a scout around on tinternet for new tyres for my 250. Seems a straight choice between the contisport 5p at £209.59 a corner fitted or the bridgestone re050 at £201.14 fitted, i think these are oem on the trophy? so must be good, and the conti's have just come first in the evo tyre test. Are these two worth the premium over the hankook v12 evo at £142.79 fitted?:confused:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
For road use, I'm tempted with getting some Vredstein Sessanta's next. My dad has them on his Subaru and they've been very good. Lots of positive remarks from those using them on their R26's too. I think the RE050 seem to be a better wet weather choice than the stock PS2's. That said, I had a lot of fun on the PS2's when I ran them on a wet trackday. Lots of grip.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
wasnt driving the re050 (just mates with CTR have them - was told they are great, just must be hot) as also wasnt driving hankook v12, but was diving lots others like P ZERO, GY F1, PS2, Conti Sport 2/3, etc... and the Conti 5p were the best of them :)

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
For road use, I'm tempted with getting some Vredstein Sessanta's next. My dad has them on his Subaru and they've been very good. Lots of positive remarks from those using them on their R26's too. I think the RE050 seem to be a better wet weather choice than the stock PS2's. That said, I had a lot of fun on the PS2's when I ran them on a wet trackday. Lots of grip.
Vred Sessantas are now in the middle to low performance ranking.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
been having a scout around on tinternet for new tyres for my 250. Seems a straight choice between the contisport 5p at £209.59 a corner fitted or the bridgestone re050 at £201.14 fitted, i think these are oem on the trophy? so must be good, and the conti's have just come first in the evo tyre test. Are these two worth the premium over the hankook v12 evo at £142.79 fitted?:confused:
Only you can decide that.

The 5P will be the best all rounder, the Bridgestone has some specific talents and the V12 Evo does a good job.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure why it was moved Brano, dedicated to all thing megane 250? anyway, going for the contis in the next few weeks :)

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
My v12s have been okay. Not as good as the oem michelins though. And the wear rate is shocking. Almost down to wear markers in less than 6 months.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wear is a factor that is not taken into account by these tyre tests. I have found that my last set of conti sport 3's wore very quickly indeed 10k max and that's with 40% motorway miles. I'm sure the new 5p provides great traction but if it's anything likes the 3's cost per mile is silly compared to michelins.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Got 5p's on mine running on the cup alloy and I'm happy. Just ordered two more. Just over 15k and run down a full set of ps2's (front and backs) don't mind amazing grip on the ps2 just a tiny bit slide action in the wet. See how the 5p's do with a front and back set on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Wear is a factor that is not taken into account by these tyre tests. I have found that my last set of conti sport 3's wore very quickly indeed 10k max and that's with 40% motorway miles. I'm sure the new 5p provides great traction but if it's anything likes the 3's cost per mile is silly compared to michelins.
Yes they do wear quick,my 5p`s did 7K!
They are great in dry/wet though.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
7K!, might just try and find some PS2 now, been happy with them, done 12000 miles now including trackday at Spa so not bad.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Ps2's starting to look like a cheap tyre then. 12 - 15 k compared to only 7k from other grippy tyres. I'm a big fan of these tyres in summer.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Ps2's starting to look like a cheap tyre then. 12 - 15 k compared to only 7k from other grippy tyres. I'm a big fan of these tyres in summer.
You are right,they are great in the summer.
I was really worried the 5p would not be up to the ps2`s dry grip and feel,but they are.
But odviously, wear is a big issue.

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
despite recommendations not to get the ps3, i got them as it was cold, wet and icy at the time (whatever happened to winter?) - they have been fine. in fact, good.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Been looking at some michelin pilot supersports, but they dont make them in the correct size for the 18 wheels. The sizes closest are 245-40-18 97Y XL or 225-45-18 95Y XL
would either of those sizes be safe to fit on the 18" rims?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
The 225s would fit but I wouldn't bother. Why not try the Yokohama Neova or Bridgestone RE050A both are very good tyres.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts