Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I've been reading this forum for a few months now, very useful as I'm currently looking for an r26. I thought I knew all that was needed until I came across the Parkers review today. Apparently the R26 230 can be spec'd with a Cup Chasis? Is this true? I thought all R26's came with the cup chasis with it being an improvement over the 225 version? Could someone please confirm? If it could be spec'd then how much more was it and how can I spot one with a cup chasis.

Also, does anyone know any history of this car currently on eBay? Seems cheap, I might go view it next weekend.

·
Registered
296 Posts
All r26 have the cup pack. Antheriacte wheels and wing mirrors the R26 also gained a LSD.

If be very wary about buying a car from Bradford mate.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
As stated, red calipers was the give away for me really. IF anything i recommend looking for a car with xenons, so much better to drive with at night over halogens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys... The parkers review is misleading :)

With regard to buying from Bradford is there something in particular your hinting at? I'm cautious when buying from anywhere in the country not just Bradford. I've heard Manchester has a bad reputation too but at the end of the day you get robbing sods all over the country, so there is no point in generalising.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As stated, red calipers was the give away for me really. IF anything i recommend looking for a car with xenons, so much better to drive with at night over halogens.
Good point re xenons, I had them on my last car but I'm on a tight budget so not expecting them here, also my last ones had to be replaced... Not cheap unfortunately.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks guys... The parkers review is misleading :)

With regard to buying from Bradford is there something in particular your hinting at? I'm cautious when buying from anywhere in the country not just Bradford. I've heard Manchester has a bad reputation too but at the end of the day you get robbing sods all over the country, so there is no point in generalising.
I've been to Bradford to look at a couple of cars over the years.

I haven't found a straight one yet,there's always something not right with them or the seller.

There's an awfull lot of Asian lads who deal in cars and pretend to be private sellers- also most of the cars I had viewed had been accident repaired some to better standards than others.but all HPI clear

I have a lot of asain friends some born in Bradford and even they say never buy a car from there.

You pays your money you take your chance.

Goodluck!

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Exhausts don't sit properly. And theres a few things not right about it, buy a cheap R26 and you'll regret it trust me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Its also missing all the stickers on the front and rear bumper and on the roof (might have been specced with the sticker delete option).....
I've heard they cost a bloody bomb to replace if you did ever want them on the car.....
Rear tailpipe not sitting right could just be a bad backbox delete jobbie.... 51K thats pretty high mileage considering the age....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies, very useful. There is a few I'm currently considering, apparently it's a buyers market so I'm not going to rush into it, was hoping it was someone's from here! I'm going to view it this weekend and will report back :).

I'm after a black one without the decals, not a fan of stickers really, needs to be kind of subtle.

·
Registered
618 Posts
bonnet/front bumper gap looks funny

as does the psf wing,

bottom plastic part of rear hatch looks like different colour and painted at different time! The exhaust looks like its been bent then bent back like its been rear ended too.

but I bet "its a well tidee one BRO yea yea iz rappid li' li" gotta love em! dodgy as.. AVOID!

·
Registered
775 Posts
You do see a lot of cars for sale in Bradford i must admit. This town was in the top 3 places in the country for car thefts too, may of been 1st, can't remember now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts