Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cars got no boost whatsoever. Feels like driving a 1.2 again. Also when the boost should come in it just whines instead.

Had people say all sorts. Turbo, actuator stuck etc. mates on his way now to have a gander but if anyone has any ideas it could save us plenty of time!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked pipes can feel pressure all the way around the system. Apparently the arm in the actuator should move but it doesn't. Only when pulling on it with mole grips?

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Boost pipes won't be pressurised unless it's under load. Also I would be worried if u could move the actuator by hand. Mole grips mean it's working. I would say it has to be a boost hose off.
Cheers lee

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So after removing and checking pipes the turbo no longer whines. Still no boost. Mates run odb/obd thingy n it's misfiring on cylinder 1. Said it might be running in limp mode so gonna sort the misfire out first.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
correct proberly a injector i cant remember if it spools up in limp mode

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He seemed to think it was the coil pack. Black thingy that goes to the spark plug. I'll put the info across though. Thanks lads!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
A missfire listed as a previous fault will not cause the issue you have. Sounds like a dead turbo or a boost pipe off completely.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I have a turbo for ktec as they do not modify the hot side for their hybrids. Rs tuning need a turbo with the hot side on.
If going for a hybrid would need decat, arp rod bolts and uprated injectors. Had to do this 2 weeks ago as my turbo went.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure what's happening. I'm skint so it's definitely not getting fixed for a while. Might sell it as it is.. If that's even possible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts