Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title I'm after a second hand set of Nomex race overalls so that I can start doing some hillclimbs/sprints this year. looking at the sizing charts on the Internet I'm looking at between a 56-60 depending on make do let me know what you have. ideally im looking to pay upto £100 but anything you may have will be considered.
thank you :)

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Do you need tags ? If not why not just buy a mechs fireproof suit. I have one of these for working in the pits (FIA req).

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm afraid it's got to be to the current regs (8856-2000 I think)for the hillclimb events otherwise yes I've seen them brand new for reasonable prices.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
The 'One' suit is also ideal for club racing such as Autograss racing where an FIA approved suit is not needed but the safety of a flame retardant suit is beneficial.

SFI 3.2A/1 Approved
Will that do?

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not too sure, I don't think so but don't take my word for it. I'm just starting to get in to the swing of things with the regs etc. I've just sent of for my msa non competitive race license and the 'blue book' will come with it. so until that comes the only standard I think is any good is the 8856-2000.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
For Sprints and Hillclimbs, overalls homologated to either FIA 8856-2000 or FIA 1986 standard were mandatory from 1 Jan 2012.

Big Blue Book.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For Sprints and Hillclimbs, overalls homologated to either FIA 8856-2000 or FIA 1986 standard were mandatory from 1 Jan 2012.

Big Blue Book.
thank you, I had a feeling you may be able to clear that one up :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts