Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i'm trying to narrow down what could be the cause of the
Toxic Fume Light coming on!

After chatting with Magnex, he believes it may not be the injectors, lets be honest, the clip doesn't indicate it either(well not on mine anyway)
and possibly due to a poor standard mapping.

So i want to find out if the people running the remap(better map) are having the Toxic fume light come on at all, even with the 267Bhp etc

G

·
Phil you lost me a bit here the remap with the toxic fume light coming on has never been an issue on the remap, only on the standard Renault map :?

cheers

Jas

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jasdigido said:
Phil you lost me a bit here the remap with the toxic fume light coming on has never been an issue on the remap, only on the standard Renault map :?

cheers

Jas
Thats what i'm trying to get at mate, do the people who have the remap on, suffer from the toxic fume light coming on.
I'll reword it if its a load of [email protected]@x
phil :lol:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Davelee225 said:
Not another Poll :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will get to the bottom of it, Dr watson! :lol:

G

·
Only limp mode has been the issue with the remap.
Your problem may be coils or catalytic convertor sensor problem or the cat its self, seem to remember someone on the RS forum had this problem.

cheers

Jas

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jasdigido said:
Only limp mode has been the issue with the remap.
Your problem may be coils or catalytic convertor sensor problem or the cat its self, seem to remember someone on the RS forum had this problem.

cheers

Jas
She has four new coils and still comes on, well its an excuse to get the remap and see if a better mapping solves it.

G

·
Quote by webcode If the "toxic Fume" light comes on you really shouldn't drive the car, as the fault indicates that there is a misfire..

The misfiring cylinder will obviously not be burning correctly and therefore dumping unburnt petrol into the exhaust, This in turn enters the Cat and will very quickly destroy it as it ignites and burns the monolyth due the extreme Cat operating temperatures.

It could be a reason to reject a warranty claim for Cat replacement, although generaly Cat failure due to a misfire should be covered under consiquential damage..

cheers

Jas

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Davelee225 said:
phil said:
Davelee225 said:
Not another Poll :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will get to the bottom of it, Dr watson! :lol:
even if it kills ya :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes indeed! think i'll take the first sensor out of the cat and see if its coked up, when i get it back of course!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jasdigido said:
Quote by webcode If the "toxic Fume" light comes on you really shouldn't drive the car, as the fault indicates that there is a misfire..

The misfiring cylinder will obviously not be burning correctly and therefore dumping unburnt petrol into the exhaust, This in turn enters the Cat and will very quickly destroy it as it ignites and burns the monolyth due the extreme Cat operating temperatures.

It could be a reason to reject a warranty claim for Cat replacement, although generaly Cat failure due to a misfire should be covered under consiquential damage..

cheers

Jas
Well the local dealer waved me off! :lol: :lol:
(probably wispering ' stupid bastard' under their breath!)

G

·
phil said:
jasdigido said:

cheers

Jas
Well the local dealer waved me off! :lol: :lol:
(probably wispering ' stupid bastard' under their breath!)
Probably thought you had a dci :lol: fookin Renault :lol:

G

·
The AA (Renault Assistance) told me to drive mine when i got them out for the TFL the other day ...Just been in to Reno and they changed a coil .

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Topper225 said:
The AA (Renault Assistance) told me to drive mine when i got them out for the TFL the other day ...Just been in to Reno and they changed a coil .
Like i say i have 4 new ones, and it still does it

The facts are i have a misfire on cylinder No.3
but the CLIP wont say what the problem is!

I guess i could run a compression test, i have the tool, just not the car at the moment!
:cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts