Megane Sport Forum banner

not happy

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Jon Seal 
#1 ·
had to take my car to renault this morning to have my drivers side outside door handle replaced said it would take about an hour so i said ok, went off into town on the way back i see my car just pulling in to the garage they took me car out for a spin :twisted: why take my car out they only doing a door handle no need to take the car out :evil:

#2 ·
I'd cause a real stink about that mate!! They should not be 'test driving' your motor when the problem you had is nothing to do with the way the car drives! :evil:

#6 ·
I took my car in the other week and it came back with 8 extra miles. I asked why this was and the answer was that the techs take every car for a quality test to see if there is any problems the customer did not notice, its weird that they did not notice it pulling to the left. He also said they need to drive my car to replicate the rear wiper fault. :?

I complained to the service manager and he only gave me £25 credit to use for all that. :evil: I guess I will be taking my bussiness elsewhere.

#9 ·
I took my car in for a service and for them to check out a squeaky seat! That was in my old 172 and it came back with 13 extra miles on it!! I did tell them that it needed to be driven for them to hear the squeaking noise though.

Having said that they did fix an exhaust mount that was knocking under the car so I guess they did fix a knocking noise I thought was my parcel shelf!!

I'd still complain as they had no reason to take the car out, I've taken my car to a dealer before and they didn't drive it anywhere. :?

#12 ·
The salesmen are the ones who get it cushy though!

I recall going to look at a black 172 they had before I bought my one back in 2003. On the system it had 15,000 miles on it, then got told that one of the salesmen had taken it on holiday for the weekend and it actually had 18,000 on the clock!!!!!

Funnily enough I didn't buy it but you know full well that they would have a thrash in any RS models given the chance!!!

#13 ·
ado said:
I took my car in the other week and it came back with 8 extra miles. I asked why this was and the answer was that the techs take every car for a quality test to see if there is any problems the customer did not notice, its weird that they did not notice it pulling to the left. He also said they need to drive my car to replicate the rear wiper fault. :?

I complained to the service manager and he only gave me £25 credit to use for all that. :evil: I guess I will be taking my bussiness elsewhere.
I was informed today that the dealers are not allowed to point out any other problems to the customer, as it is seen as the dealer touting for business.

More like it will result in more cost to Renault UK :roll:

#14 ·
That's interesting. My local stealer insists on doing a big checklist of things everytime the car goes in. My missus' Clio has been in four times since Christmas and the amount of tread on her tyres has gone up everytime :D

Her brakepads are also less worn than on the first visit, what muppets

#16 ·
happened once with my 172, it went in for a service and came out with the steering/sets/mirrors all moved and it had been washed (Renault Pontefract NEVER wash or valet your car) Obviously they had taken it out for a joyride, I wish I'd taken the milage down as I would have complained. I dont see why it should be a perk for renault Techs to joyride customers cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.