Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gettin down over my megane. got to spend fair few quid on it this year as its cambelt time. also i need new discs and pads. also got few lil things need fixing like window and left axle ball joint problem.
so im going to have a look at a type r fn2 tomoz. love the sound of that vtec, and i really like the looks of them. i no its not as fast but it should be more reliable thatn the renault.
What are people views on this? what you think i should do?

·
Registered
687 Posts
You want a fd2 mate! There's a pukka jdm one for
Sale on auto trader at the moment! Looks the part march better than the hatchback...!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im in the same boat mate,cambelt brakes service ect, but hang in there and what ever you do ,do not get the Civic they are slow borring and dull. I had an EP3 30 th anniversary
in black and it was great but the Megane blew it out the water. I know what im talking about after having x2 lotus's working for lotus Ferrari TVR . Pay the money and stick with it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Other than the window they are maintenance things All cars will need them. An a window reg is 150ish to have done at Renault.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Im in the same boat mate,cambelt brakes service ect, but hang in there and what ever you do ,do not get the Civic they are slow borring and dull. I had an EP3 30 th anniversary
in black and it was great but the Megane blew it out the water. I know what im talking about after having x2 lotus's working for lotus Ferrari TVR . Pay the money and stick with it.
My mates anniversary is alot faster than my meg....fact! He also spent about half what i have.

Fd2 is an awesome car and goes well considering the size of it.

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
My mates anniversary is alot faster than my meg....fact! He also spent about half what i have.

Fd2 is an awesome car and goes well considering the size of it.
Jesus if its faster than yours then god knows what he's done to it.....if you change your mind mate i can get you some R26R discs front and back for a lot les than renault are charging ( they charge £300 a pair iirc)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yeah the ep3s are nice but id never supercharge a very refined engine such as a v-tec, get an FD2 and order a "J's Racing exhaust" it's worth a YouTube search lol (the video where it races a scirocco)

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Jesus if its faster than yours then god knows what he's done to it.....if you change your mind mate i can get you some R26R discs front and back for a lot les than renault are charging ( they charge £300 a pair iirc)
Hes strapped a jackson supercharger kit to it with a custom 12psi pulley, hondata ecu, bigger injectors, with toda manifold and dc sport exhaust, etc, etc and i think he said it was dynod at 312bhp at the wheels!

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Hes spent around 5k so about half what iv spent, but thats just engine stuff.

You can get a supercharged civic on pistonheads for about £8k now.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Yeah spent about 10-11k on it and im going to spend another 3k in the next couple of months.

Dont do track days mate. Lol.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
What have you done to it mate?
Spec of my engine is:
Forged cp pistons,Steel cat rods,Acl race bearings,Balanced bottom end,Helix clutch and flywheel,Cat custom camshafts,Ngk iridium plugs,Siemens 630cc injectors,Forge actuator (yellow spring),Forge dump valve (blue spring),Forge silicone hoses,Modified standard airbox,Itg panel filter,K-tec 3" cat back exhaust,Miltek decat pipe,Forge fmic, forge blanking plate.
Performance friction 330mm 2 piece discs, pagid rs5 front pads, pagid rs4-4 rear pads.

Probably missed bits out.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Can I ask why have you spent that much on it when your not using it to its full potential , surely it just can't be worth all the effort , why not just buy another faster more well specked car , I don't understand

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Its just a project now mate.

I bought it as a sensible car. It was owned for about 2 weeks and it got a stage 1 map. I soon got bored and went to stage 2 with all the trimming, blew the engine up so went with a fully forged engine supplied by rstuning. Once i got the engine i decided i wanted more power, so uprated the brakes to beable to cope with the power, so here we are £10k later...

What else would i have bought instead that nobody else would have?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts