Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my rear number plate lights has stopped working, replaced the lamp, still didnt work, turns out the plug has corroded and the pins have became stuck in the plug.

looks like a new plug will also be needed, but I cant imagine renault selling a new plug without the wiring loom! also I dont want to cut the standard loom.

dont know how I could extract the corroded pins from the plug!

dont know if it might be worth a call to Renault Uk cars an 08 plate done 27k I know its out of warrenty but this is a common issue (another common one!!) from what I can gather

Thanks Dean

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
yep, right pain, i bodged mine somehow soldered a little pin in place and hey presto a connection lol! If not you could go to a scrappy and find some good plugs, cut them off with a spare couple inches of wire and just joing them to your wiring replacing the plug

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers fella, going to look to do something with it next week, I think il try and find a megane in a scrap yard although the likely hood is they might be in poor condition!

has anyone spoke to renault uk as its so common?

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
I dont bother with ruk unless i have to, theres only so much i can moan at them about, i mean when i rung up to tell them about my window reg failing and they sounded surprirsed and 'not had many with this issue' - says it all really

yer well the 1st megane you find might have the same issue, but the next might be good... or im sure therel use these sort of connectors on other models to, so check those at the scrappy to ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts