Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my brother in law out earlier, we had to pick something up so the back seats where down etc

With the magnex on and the turbo rush it sounded cool,
anyway i'll get to the point he was telling me how much he hates his astra VXR

He said its rock solid and you feel every bump harshly, the seats are too stiff and hold your legs parallel so you cant relax, he's only done 1k miles and is thinking of chopping it in!

He loved the megane said it was comfortable even with the Eibachs etc, far better than the astra, and he reckons my megane is quicker!
mind you it should be putting out at least 240Bhp now anyway!
phil

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Phil,

Now you can say i won't say i told you so!! :lol: :lol:

Megs all the way! :wink:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
We could have told him all that ages ago :lol:

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
theres a lad in the village here got an SXI astra and the suspension on that look rocks hard as well, maybe vauxhall took a simplistic approach and just whacked some stiff springs on it to make it sporty without making the ride supple.

I've always thought the VXR was a bit of a chewing gum car, nice when you first start chewing it but after 10 minutes your ready to spit it out. Lairy and sporty without actually being particularly well designed thats my thoughts on the VXR anyway.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chewing gum car! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to tell him that!
I still like the look of it so does he, but he hates driving it! :lol:

Apparently the handling was done by lotus, the lady on the service desk probably! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Seems a shame he doesn't like it coz I'm sure its a descent, rapid motor!! Doesn't sound like Vauxhaul made it a very user friendly car.

One thing about the Megane is that Renault managed to balance comfort with firm suspension. :D

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to mention he is cheesed of about the fact that the drivers seat
doesnt tilt and slide to let the rear passengers out, only the passenger side front seat does

He rang his local vauxhall to see if it was a fault at first, and they said no, they said 'we only sell them, we dont make them!'

so after calls to their customer services in India :lol:
they said its a safety issue so the passengers have to get out towards the kerb, sounds like bullsh*t to me (penny pinching more like)

does the 3 door meggy drivers seat allow rear passengers to get out?
phil

·
Premium Member
10,543 Posts
phil said:
they said its a safety issue so the passengers have to get out towards the kerb, sounds like bullsh*t to me (penny pinching more like)
What happens if you park on the other side of the road with the drivers car by the kerb? :D All your passengers get hit by passing traffic?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cactusbob said:
phil said:
What happens if you park on the other side of the road with the drivers car by the kerb? :D All your passengers get hit by passing traffic?
Exactly, they are just saving money i think!

G

·
phil said:
does the 3 door meggy drivers seat allow rear passengers to get out?
phil

Both seats in the 3 door Megs tilt forward to allow rear passengers in and out. Although if i'm already sitting down i'm not getting up! :lol:

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Ejector seats, that what you need!!

Hit a button and 'POWWWW' passengers instantly out of the car haha.

Sounds like a bit of cost saving on the VXR there. :lol: :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts