Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well looks like all the new head lights on the new ones have got the xenon lamps but just got the standard bulbs in , unless you go for the proper xenon bulbs,

so as im going to fit the xenon hid kit on mine am thinking it will look better with the xenon style lamp as well plus the look really cool.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think meggerman was subtly saying it doesn't work mate.

Incidentally I can't get the banner.psd file you posted a link to working either. Photoshop wont open it :(

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
it was made using Photochop CS2
the link...goto the megane on the renaulot site.....then goto Innovation & saftey > Safety

should show the headlights

·
Registered
103 Posts
Alex said:
it was made using Photochop CS2
the link...goto the megane on the renaulot site.....then goto Innovation & saftey > Safety
Exactly what I'm using mate.....complains about unexpected end of file.

Alex said:
should show the headlights
Cheers - I'll have a gander!

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Ok all,

Ive been speakign to some of the technical guys about the new front lights on the emgane.

In short the new lights are NOT compatible due to the wiring loom being uncompatable.

We dont think there is an issue with the rear light cluster though.

In short it wont work.

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats utter crap :!:

cos the headlight is just the carrier for the lights, all the wireing is already on the car along with all th bulb holders, so its no different to changing the rear lamps. you just take the bulbs out of the lenses and fit them to the new ones.

G

·
The new front lights will NOT fit the "old" megane unless you also replace the Front bumper.. They are a different shape..
I have measured them this morning at work, as I was considering the same change..

The wiring I guess could be altered pretty easily..

G

·
The Bonnet and wings are the same..

However the Depth of the inside vertical (nearest the centre badge) is longer on the new ones and the angle from the top corner on the bonnet is shallower.. and that is why the bumper has changed to accomodate the new light units..

See attached Diagram..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts