Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christmas is over and 2012 is here so we are looking forward to our first trackday of the year at Oulton Park :)

Trackaction-Online will be back there on Friday March 2nd running an open pitlane on the International Circuit and as ever we will be keeping the numbers sensible so you'll get plenty of tracktime. There will be free instruction available with our handpicked ARDS instructors and Xtreme photography will be there taking photos so you can see how good your car looks on track.

Cost for this one is £130 but as a thanks to the clubs that help us to run these days we are repeating our popular free places offer that we introduced last year.

For every five places we sell on here we will give a full refund to one driver!

When you book a place there's a comments box at the end of the booking form, just put MEGA in the box and a week before the event we will count up the number of entries and for every five that have booked one name will be drawn out of a hat and the lucky winner will be announced on this thread so you can all give them evil glances on the day ;) . If we can get ten together its two free spaces and so on.

Bookings can be made at OUR SHOP, you don't need any discount code to book but don't forget to fill in the comments box with MEGA to get entered into the draw.

Can't wait to get the season started and looking forward to seeing some of you out there!

Cheers

Steve H

Some shots from when we were there in November -

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Thoroughly recommend this one. Unfortunately I can't make it this time.

Here's a couple of the Trophy at last Novembers.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the recommend Dave :cheers: I'm sure I'll see you at another one somewhere this year!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fancy getting booked on this booked now got a 250!
Never done a track day before and wondered what/where to go regarding track day insurance?
I'm with admiral so assume I wouldn't be covered on track?
Sorry for very basic questions all info much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Fancy getting booked on this booked now got a 250!
Never done a track day before and wondered what/where to go regarding track day insurance?
I'm with admiral so assume I wouldn't be covered on track?
Sorry for very basic questions all info much appreciated.
Be brave and take a gamble. If you leave your traction on, you would have to be doing something daft to crash. You don't see many accidents on track days. Insurance at approx £100 per £10000 with 2.5k excess can lead to a very expensive day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most people don't insure but if you wanted the reassurance on your first day out then it is available, Competition Car Insurance are a good option for this. TBH so long as you keep your head about you you really shouldn't have any problems and getting the free instruction is a good idea to improve your safety and pace as well.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I've booked on with my 182 and my mates R27 clio for the day, got Rob-m- joining me in the 182 as well.

Was a very well organised event last time out with Steve and Phils crew

Was hoping to have a nice new set of cams fitted by Paul and Specky, but payroll at work had another epic fail...

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Great day today at Oulton park. Well organised day all and will be using this trackday company again. Top marks.
The meg was amazing today and was pretty untouchable. Was using kumho v70a's which where unbelievable all day and never once went off lap after lap.
Anyone considering these tyres needs to buy med compound on the rears and hard on the fronts and are a step up from r888's IMO.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi Eric, My business partner was doing 2.02 in my meg which is extremely quick. Wish I was that quick but getting better all the time but around 4 secs of his pace.
There where a couple of good lads in some fully tracked up civics which I had a play with but nothing else apart from the odd caterham caused any probs. lots of ford rs's there today which I had fun passing with ease.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
RS focus? or renault sports lol? that must be quick if its 4sec om you, probs 10 sec on me lol. caterhams are a different class tho, and no fun in the rain. there are few tracked up civics at kirks on testing a lot, the ones befoure the ep3, there quick in the bendy bits, but there professional drivers. those tyres sound good for OZ wheels then if you favoure them to 888s because their not that bad i didnt think when we where their in NOV.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
The civic lads came over to me amazed with the handling of the meg. My business partner is an amazing driver btw and was lapping only a second behind a full race sirocco on slicks today. I had to get out as the speed he can carry into the corners is quite scary. Not sure I will ever get to that level but not many will. There where 2 green focus rs's, 1 lasted about 2 hours and I saw the other being put on a aa wagon a mile from circuit. There was a poor lad which binned his white mk1 focus rs with about 30 mins to go.
The kumhos where spot on! So much grip lap after lap where the r888's start to go off.
Just ordered 2 hard compound for the fronts as they got pretty munched up today. Backs are untouched in medium compound.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Lost it big time. Sat on grass 50 yards of track with bumper missing and loads of smoke coming out of engine. Didn't look good.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts