Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a search and couldn't find anything so hopefully this hasn't been answered already. Basically wondering what people have paid to have an R26.r spoiler sprayed. Obviously it'll vary from place to place but I haven't even got a clue! Also if anyone could recommend somewhere good near York that's be awesome.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Have you thought about spraying it.yourself it really isn't that difficult?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't thought about it, mainly because I think I'd completely cock it up! Surely it takes a fair bit of skill to get a good quality finish?!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Its all about the preparation i'm not the best sprayer in the world but managed to save myself a fortune by spraying my own car parts....just take your time and build up thin even coats and make sure you leave to dry properly inbetween coats..

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where would I go about getting the paints and how do I make sure I get the right colour?! I imagine that not knowing the answer to these basic questions should probably encourage me NOT to do it myself!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You can achieve a good enough finish using the halfords spray cans... Can of primer,paint and clear laquer and some 600 grit wet and dry and a nice dry garage/shed and your away.... If you mess it up you can always get it done professionaly then?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You make it sound easy. In reality I'm pretty sure I'd bell it up and then have to pay for it to be done properly anyway. Might ring around a few local body's hops and see what prices I get. Thanks for the advice anyway though

·
Registered
873 Posts
Where would I go about getting the paints and how do I make sure I get the right colour?! I imagine that not knowing the answer to these basic questions should probably encourage me NOT to do it myself!
I couldn't paint by numbers me!!
But as your quote above getting the colour to match is the main key m8, I know kev means well and is right you can
diy it but getting the colour spot on??
How old is your F1? Paint does fade over time and a paint shop will mix colour to your car by toning up/down
which ever.
Also good quality laquer is also a must for protection........

Had mine done for £80 is it worth Diy?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I couldn't paint by numbers me!!
But as your quote above getting the colour to match is the main key m8, I know kev means well and is right you can
diy it but getting the colour spot on??
How old is your F1? Paint does fade over time and a paint shop will mix colour to your car by toning up/down
which ever.
Also good quality laquer is also a must for protection........

Had mine done for £80 is it worth Diy?
Car is an 07 plate, so getting on a bit! Think I'll stick with getting the professionals to do it! Happy to pay £80ish I think.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Car is an 07 plate, so getting on a bit! Think I'll stick with getting the professionals to do it! Happy to pay £80ish I think.
Hi chris,

look up a lad on here called lee coley and look at a few of his threads, he's in the process of doing my front and rear badges along with handles being done black, he's done a few more parts for me to.

Drop him a pm.

Il find his thread for you.

Jacob

1 - 20 of 36 Posts