Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually use tesco momentum 99 but stupid garage has ran out haha. Now shall I just use normal fuel or go get another premium one from else where? No remap yet btw

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nearest shell garage is 20mins from me lol Hence using tesco. Might just bang in some bp ultimate for now. Any good?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
If you are on the standard map, it will run fine on 95 ron.

You might even be better off with this than buying some of the premium fuels. If the fuel is not bought enough, it will degrade in storage at the petrol station before it is re-filled with new fresh stuff. I was advised that Esso 97 was likely going to be worse than 95 for this reason. Even a stage 1 car will run on 95 but you would be ill advised to drive it hard.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are on the standard map, it will run fine on 95 ron.

You might even be better off with this than buying some of the premium fuels. If the fuel is not bought enough, it will degrade in storage at the petrol station before it is re-filled with new fresh stuff. I was advised that Esso 97 was likely going to be worse than 95 for this reason. Even a stage 1 car will run on 95 but you would be ill advised to drive it hard.
So you think just normal 95 will be fine? Can I drive hard with 95 and no remap?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Of course you can.

Renault sell the car with a standard map that has ample tolerance for standard 95 ron fuel with a suitable safety margin. The car's handbook says it is fine to run on 95 ron or better.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice one cheers guys. Will just use standard for this time as got 10p off per litre voucher to use haha. Go back to 99 when they sort things out.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well my luck was in. Went back today, they ran out of standard petrol this time but had a delivery of mom 99 haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts