Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i found the perfect R26 for me in Black with xenons (the only real mod i was after)

Anyway, i asked a friendly member on here what record is of it with Renault...

EXHAUST: DOWNPIPE AND CATALYTIC CONVERTER
service
REAR-VIEW MIRROR
FRONT AND REAR WIPERS/WASHERS
SOUND, AUDIO EQUIPMENT, DISPLAY, DVD, SPEAKER
CLIMATE CONTROL, INC CONTROL PANEL
PEDAL SWITCH
DOOR MECHANISMS-LOCKS
TRIM
BOOT MECHANISMS-LOCKS
SEATS, FRAMES, SUB-FRAME
ALTERNATOR, STARTER, PULLEY, and BELT only
TURBOCHARGER, INLET MANIFOLD, FILTER

I wish i never asked! I knew Frog cars were bad but... really what im after is whether i should just totally forget it and look/wait for another, go and see it and offer then like £1k under their sale price, or not worry about it and carry on asif i didn't know... it has HPi'dall clear, this explains the three previous owners i think.

What would you do??

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem is all i can wonder now is what else? I was shocks to see the window regs NOT listed!

Well owned, but the mileage is very low

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Better the devil you know? None of it's serious and as said, the areas concerned are now sorted. You could buy a "good" one that you know nothing about that turns out to be a dog......
How soon do you want one, i'd have thought there'd be plenty out there to choose between?
If it's not too far from you go and see it anyway.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Go see it mate. You can always walk away. TBH though I can't see why it would need some of those parts. Inlet manifold, seats, sub frames and the like. You sure the info is right? Take the list with you and have a look at the parts on it to see how recently they could of been swapped over. Is it from a dealer or private?

Got a link to the add or any more details just to have a quick look at?

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
treat it like you would any car mate go and look and make your decisions based on what you see. like said a lot has been done but that may well be it for a while? let us know how you go on :)

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
streetfighter, none serious at all? I thought the likes of cat, downpipe, turbo, manifold, seats

Let alone the headunit, speakers...

It is roughly 40 miles from me, so fairly local. I've been looking for over 2 months now and this is was the best black one i had found so far.

I will go and see it anyway, but thanks for the idea to check these replaced parts, i'd not thought of doing that.

MJ i will PM you it to keep the car abit private incase i do buy this one anyway... thanks all for the advice

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Go see it mate. You can always walk away. TBH though I can't see why it would need some of those parts. Inlet manifold, seats, sub frames and the like. You sure the info is right? Take the list with you and have a look at the parts on it to see how recently they could of been swapped over. Is it from a dealer or private?

Got a link to the add or any more details just to have a quick look at?
Isn't that the category of the part though?

I.e if you replaced a broken seat handle it would be classed in that category?

On my 172 I replaced a few trims and door badges but it comes up as trims/panels etc..

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I don't know Daz. With the first part it states Exhaust which is the category followed by the specifics. Non of the others seem to be listed in this way.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
What's the reg of this car. You got to look behind all that stuff that's just general listings.
I've seen worse

1 - 13 of 13 Posts