Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i will finally be taking delivery of my 250 this coming saturday and was wondering what to look out for on delivery? ive heard you get a 1ltr of oil in the boot? but was just curious as if you get any additional items or rs paper work

many thanks James :)

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Hello mate. Yes you get a litre of oil in the boot in a blue carry bag, most of all make sure it's the exact spec you ordered (if getting it new) if it's a full fat it should also have black floor mats fitted as well.

Do the usual checking of panels for scratches and the like, some dealers aren't as careful as they should be as I'm sure you know, oh and make sure there is an aluminium foot rest plate! Mine was missing and they had to get one ordered and fit it!!

And welcome, I'm sure you'll love it, they're bloody superb!!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Bet you can't wait,im very jealous make sure you post some pics up when you get it..what colour have you gone for?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh cheers buddy i will check everything over as it was a showroom car. Basically long story short i was originaly going to get a new 200 clio in march in Alien Green with several options but the day before i went to sign the order form they discontinued several colours including AG :( so they offered to price the 250 up in the showroom at the time and said they would do it the same price as the 200 :)
I have ordered some rs mats to go with it so will make sure i get the original ones too :)

I work in a bmw dealership as a technician so prep new cars, service others etc all the time but its completly different to buying a new car for yourself. Needless to say im very excited and i know this week is going to drag badlyyy! haha and also weathers not looking great for delivery but im keeping fingers crossed for sort sunny day!

Its a Brand new White 250 with cup pack, unfortunantly no visi pack, rs montior or recaros i know most of you will boo haha but i cant argue with the price they gave me for it :) besides next couple of months i shall be purchasing the black headlights off the gt line model as imo they look better than the std 'chrome' headlamps

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Don't worry about the recaros mate. Standard ones are great, if it's the full fat one they'll be leather and heated with memory settings for drivers, spot on :yes:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Never heard of any dealership doing that type of deal. Sounds a really good deal. Renault give any type of discount for 250's usually?

Good luck! :biggthumpup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is the ff dude and yes the seats are very comfy indeed :)

could have been a one off as i was taking it off their hands? haha im just a very lucky person.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Ahh cheers buddy i will check everything over as it was a showroom car. Basically long story short i was originaly going to get a new 200 clio in march in Alien Green with several options but the day before i went to sign the order form they discontinued several colours including AG :( so they offered to price the 250 up in the showroom at the time and said they would do it the same price as the 200 :)
I have ordered some rs mats to go with it so will make sure i get the original ones too :)

I work in a bmw dealership as a technician so prep new cars, service others etc all the time but its completly different to buying a new car for yourself. Needless to say im very excited and i know this week is going to drag badlyyy! haha and also weathers not looking great for delivery but im keeping fingers crossed for sort sunny day!

Its a Brand new White 250 with cup pack, unfortunantly no visi pack, rs montior or recaros i know most of you will boo haha but i cant argue with the price they gave me for it :) besides next couple of months i shall be purchasing the black headlights off the gt line model as imo they look better than the std 'chrome' headlamps
really intrested in the black headlights you mentioned. Could you post a pic when you fit them :)

Oh congrats on the new car too :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi glad you got what you wanted I picked up a 59 plate last Thursday in yellow and am loving it already! Clay detailed her yesterday she's like glass, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Hi.
If it has been sat around in a dealer for some time, make sure it has had all the mods, which plagued the early models.
Best of luck, you will enjoy......
Andy C

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Hi.
The early models had various probs that needed sorting. Engine - cambelt problems, door shuts, tailgate shuts and other slight tweeks. I have been away from Renault for a couple of months, but are now back in a consulting role for Wests. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try and help.
Cheers
Andy

1 - 20 of 41 Posts