Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got one fitted to there meganes? Were does the cold air feed go? Any good gains haven't heard these mentioned much

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have similair induction kit fitted when i purchased, Cold air feed seems to go down near battery to front bumper somehow:confused:

Really lose power, You suggest i get a standard air box back on

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I have similair induction kit fitted when i purchased, Cold air feed seems to go down near battery to front bumper somehow:confused:

Really lose power, You suggest i get a standard air box back on
I probably would if loosing that kind of power, and go for the itg.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
That is a bargain. But I was thinking he could sell that for half of what he paid then put money towards.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i fitted my itg replacement filter this week and thought ah wont make any difference but it does pick up between gears is much better now imo, only payed £45 delivered as well so pretty good value :)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
its a bit of a mine field as different engines react different to induction kits some pll think the have gained others feel they have lost i'd say get an ITG and remove the foam from the air box and if you can be bothered do the air box mod (have a search) you wont go far wrong with that lot :)

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I always hated the stock filter on the megane, its crap.

Some members say that Renault sport know best and you shouldn't change it, but if Renault knew best why does my fathers Scenic 1.9 DCI have the same filter?

The filter is the same design on all the megane models, its the diameter of the pipe to that's different. So a good induction kit should be better then the stock air-box.

I had the BMC CDA box. with a 70mm out. And I also fitted a CAF pipe from the front bumper.

The stock pipe that goes to the turbo is 60mm so I used a reducer and thought that this filter is great. The car felt more alive on high revs and the sounded great.

I also have the battery relocated to the booth.

Few weeks age a friend borrowed me his Pipercross Viper which is a lot bigger air-box then the BMC CDA.

The Viper is 80 mm out, so I used an even bigger reducer.

My meg used to struggle to on high rev in 5th gear, but with the Viper that hesitation is gone. I can even hit the rev limiter in 5th. Before the Viper this was impossible.

Maybe its because the filter is located away from heat source due to the battery relocation or because of the CAF, but I really like the Viper better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts