Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving in the snow last night in my 175 and was quite surprised at how well it seemed to handle and pull.

Only had it seven months and had pretty crap cars before, so its the first time its really had a challenge

Anybody else had the pleasure (joke) of having to drive in this yet?

Just wondered if its cause of the Meg itself or the fact its a diesel.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
My 175 was utter crap on the snow when I first went out on it years ago. Its got nothing to do with the car.

Had winter tyres for the past 3 years and its now totally amazing on the snow. Last year I was going places land rovers etc weren't.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be the snow i was on wasn't as bad as what you drove on.

Which winter tyres have you got fitted?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Really? I found them to be really good, even with rusbbish make tyres. They just seem more planted somehow.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
When I had the Hankook EVO V12 summer tyres on and went out on fresh snow the tyres just sat on top of the snow and the car wasn't going anywhere.

Then when I moved house to the top of a hill I couldn't afford to miss work because of some snow so I got some more alloys and put Nokian WR-G2's on them. Swapping to the winter tyres for 4-5 months of the year when its under 7'C.

Have 2 Nokian's on the front and have put 2 new Hankook Icebear on the rear for this year to replace the Nokians that I can't get hold of anymore.

For me its been a good purchase.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I drove back at 1am last night in the worst snow I have seen for a long time. Flying past all sorts particularly BMW's. Only got stuck once when I had to stop in 6 inches of snow that was thick the front bumper was like a snow plough lol. Driveway is a slope too so had to leave it in the road overnight as no way would it get up there but not much other than a 4wd would!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts