Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, I really need my traction turning off asap I will pay a small fee to anybody with the device to do so. I was going to get a stage1 on the 225 after xmas and get the traction limit removed then but tbh I just cant wait.
Up untill a few days ago it never bothered me untill I had a swift gti try and keep up with me, the traction was just bogging the car down and in 3rd it was like some sort of fuel cut, it did not feel nice and I won't be ragging it again till it's turned off.
I'd be up for travelling anywhere in the north east really.
any help much appreciated.
Danny

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I get that, a bit a wet/damp road and she cant do nothing but spin. Tbh honest the new tyres on there are ****e but still.

I know megane 225's are quick but if not running right example injectors then could slow car down which I think mines doing but when you get a **** in 106gti you don't really want to be thinking (can he actually do my meg??)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Its can also be done Via the Renault CLIP. (diagnostic tool) Not disabled but the reactivation threshold lifted, to say 100mph instead of 30mph.

You may find more people that have one of those.

I keep mine in the boot at all times!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has nearly new vredesteins all round and even in the wet it hardly spins you just get the nanny state computer mother-in-law cutting in lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for that, well if it's always in your boot and you're ever around my neck of the woods and fancy some beer tokens let me know ;)

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
ben has one in coventry i think he is? when i got 5 mins im going to do mine too

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just out of interest your not ragging it when cold are you ? Mine bogs down until warm. But when it's warm it doesn't. But tyres do make a big difference

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
ill be resetting mine ive tried it before and im sure it doesnt work but bmh.01 says it does so ill try again. it might work on his cos his is a cup.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Drive it properly on the road and not like ****s and you will be fine I can drive round all day on wet and slippery roads and mine never cuts in, nothing to do with Tyres I bet your parents wouldn't get it cutting in , just slow down

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Drive it properly on the road and not like ****s and you will be fine I can drive round all day on wet and slippery roads and mine never cuts in, nothing to do with Tyres I bet your parents wouldn't get it cutting in , just slow down
There is no law saying how quickly you can accelerate to the speed limit...

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Well if your TC is allways cutting in your not very good with the right foot are you get yourself on a track day where it's safe and get yourself some instruction as it sounds like you need it, oh and I have good reason to get ****ed off with people who drive like ****s on the road

1 - 20 of 64 Posts