Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody use this product at all, the reviews seem bob on regards cleaning the rims and more importantly, keeping 'em sealed and free from brake dust and grime for quite a while after application.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i used planet polish's wheel sealant today and i cant reccomend it enough :) it is awesome stuff! works brilliantly on the satin cup wheels. however it doesnt smell the best ;) haha

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers lads, ordered from ebay tonight, looking forward to being as impressed as others that have used / recommended it.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
It's allright but I don't top it up every week. It still repels standard brake dust pritty well and you can just pressure wash that off but with more agressive pads like the RC5+ I've still got some mess on my alloys.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
i used planet polish's wheel sealant today and i cant reccomend it enough :) it is awesome stuff! works brilliantly on the satin cup wheels. however it doesnt smell the best ;) haha
I second that 😄 use it on my 19"s they come up like glass and have beaded for months afterwards, superb stuff.

Used poorboys once, didn't like it, was quite chalky 😝

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
It works , recommend putting a couple of layers on for mavimum effect.
You won't be able to feel the tip of your index figure by the end of the day though, after all that waxing/polishing !!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I second that 😄 use it on my 19"s they come up like glass and have beaded for months afterwards, superb stuff.

Used poorboys once, didn't like it, was quite chalky 😝
i ve just ordered some of this off ebay on your recommendations so it best be good stuff lol

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
It's superb banana, gave mine a couple of coats when new inside and out, everything washes off with no effort inc the brake dust, really good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's superb banana, gave mine a couple of coats when new inside and out, everything washes off with no effort inc the brake dust, really good.
Nick I only managed the one coat at work yesterday as time was running in short supply :( can you just apply anohter layer say...next week after a good wash? on a side note only with one layer it brings the wheels up brilliantly! really dark on the satin 18's :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Nick I only managed the one coat at work yesterday as time was running in short supply :( can you just apply anohter layer say...next week after a good wash? on a side note only with one layer it brings the wheels up brilliantly! really dark on the satin 18's :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I can't see why not mate. As long as they are washed thoroughly. When mines out of hibernation I'm going to give them another coat, take em off and coat them front and back. Wheels look lush when they're clean all the way through 😄

Do the big red Brembos too mate, keep em looking sharp.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yup already done dude ;) thats how i noticed the damage! coolio i will hope the weather is good next week and round two can take place.

hibernation?!?! mine is the daily haha! although my 106 is in deep hibernation.

i wasnt a big fan of the 19's originally but looking at yours they are starting to grow on me! very glossy sir!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts