Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car sitting outside the house a post van pulled up next to my car while it was parked on the road . the post van collects the post from the post box every night at about 6pm . i looked out the window and seen the driver of the van looking at the door of my car . i never thought nothing until today i went to go to my car and it is been dented on the door a very small dent with a bit of the post van red paint on it . what should i do apart from batter the post man when i see him on monday . can i claim for this from there insurance please help

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
That sucks mate, nothing infuriates me more than stuff like this.

I would imagine you would have get them to admit liability which I doubt they would, as you never confronted them at the time. It is worth speaking to your insurer though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will take a photo of it tomorrow in the day light so u guys can see it . i will try and fix it with a hairdryer and a tin of compressed air in a can see if it pops out

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
i would say go to the depo and sign a complaint straight to there faces the boss of the depo should be in until 1ish so you can tell him then and if nothing happens then report to there area manager going further up the ladder until you a get a answer for what they did plus get the date it happen down and the time all i can say happen to me a few weeks ago with a van nearly taking out the side of my car with a baby in it my mate who works as a postie rung up the depo in anger and new who it was from the start.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Definately go straight in there, tell them you witnessed it but by the time you could get out to the car, the van had gone

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
If you didnt see him do it you've not got a leg to stand on now mate. They could just argue could be red paint from a supermarket or anything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts