Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Currently driving an EP3 and looking to change to the ugliest hot hatch available. Looking at either silver or white, gonna add an intercooler, remap and exhaust. Will be tracking and commuting in it. Any problems running one daily? Or any problems that could appear over time?

Thanks
Au Revoir :baby[1]:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Ugly ooooooh i think mine is sexy, lol i run mine mapped day to day going to work and blasting about had no major problems, just niggles ie window regulators but this site sorted them, im an ex ep3 owner, you win't miss it. Maybe the v-tec squeel but you get a turbo squeel instead :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, I quite like the look. Just kidding. Apparently the remap/intercooler combo makes the turbo whine like f**k, so that will be nice. Bored of the civic so won't miss it. Worth paying to join this forum?

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Yeh, I quite like the look. Just kidding. Apparently the remap/intercooler combo makes the turbo whine like f**k, so that will be nice. Bored of the civic so won't miss it. Worth paying to join this forum?
Intercooler is only needed for a stage 2 tune,which is pushing the standard engine internals to the limit.
A stage 1 is enough to make serious progress and will give you more pronounced turbo whistle while being safe on stock internals.
Adding a after market exhaust will lose the turbo whistle and gain you very little in performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts