Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be intersting to see what others have come up against on private airstrips or track days.

Kill or lose.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It may not be my place (I'm not even a 225 owner and haven't made too many posts) but imo certainly anything to do with street racing is a full on nonstarter?

edit:So if an airplane has ever had to make an emergency landing on a road, can we then consider it an airstrip from that point onwards? :lol:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Street racing is deffo a no no, but we have all had occasions when the point has to be made and a brief sprint is all it takes to claim a scalp.

I was on my way to the A1rstrip once with a Jag XK8 following, just pottering with the flow. Mr pussy thought he was gonna pass me on the slip road. WRONG! He was gaining slowly but had to drop in behind the lorry I got in front of. I waited til he passed before I pulled out and he looked duely respectful.

Meg 1, Jag .5 :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A negative response so I have altered the first post. I was not condoning street racing and would not, I see that this is the way it could have been perceived but I know a lot of peeps have been on the track with other cars. I belive the track is the only true proving ground.

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
The "official" line on this is just to cover yourselves, private airstrips are popular in these threads ;) The site in no way condones or promotes speeding or dangerous driving.

Right my kill list then :twisted:

Mustang (really quite slow)
106 GTI engined 106 rallye (stripped out and quite fast!)
Local Astra GSI with turbo conversion
Audi a4 3.2 (wasnt happy)
few scoob WRXs
CTR (a few)

Had a run with an evo which I was subsequently hung drawn and quatered on the lancer register forums for (that was a neck and neck run) they dont like french cars much on there hehe

Also had close runs with set leon cupra (when car was standard) and scoob STI but that run was too short to say who was quicker

Some cars I would like to have a do with but havent managed to yet

Clio 172/182/v6 (I've baited numerous ones but they never seem to wanna play)
Obviously the astra VXR, Golf GTI (if you can find one thats not been driven by a middle aged financial advisor)
Nissan 350Z
Ford focus RS/ST

will have a crack with anything really as long as conditions permit, its always nice to get a beep/flash/wave off other drivers too, got a nod off a jag XKR driver the other day which was good (not even racing either)

·
Registered
693 Posts
had a vxr he'd already gone round the round about he hadnt seen me coming caught him asleep flew passed him down the a road had a few cars at the same time could see him trying to get near me he he he
8)

·
Registered
178 Posts
not worth the mention, but bmw 330ci...blew one away on the highway, another in medium density traffic.
want my remap so i can blow away some scooby stis :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had a 30-115mph run with a Leon Cupra R two weeks ago. Nothing at all in it to 70mph but I was quicker from 70 - 115mph.

Beat a BMW 328i last week as well - although that was closer than I thought it would be. There can't be much between a Meggy and a 330i I wouldn't think.

On the downside, last month an Audi TT 3.2 Quattro caught me napping and came flying past me! I've cleaned my mirrors now though so I won't be letting that happen again!

Oh, and I tried to keep up with a Yamaha R1 once... about 6secs later and he'd left me for dead! Real nice bike.

Ian

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
I remember toasting a 330ci in my old 172, he actually moved out to overtake as we haha 172 was a lot lot faster, he took it well and just shrugged it off wil a smile and a wave, 225 would make mincemeat of on I rekon

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
We did a 330 cab going to Cars in the park last year, me, RS and Jon all went past him.

I've also done a 130i, if he didnt drive round the roundabouts like a granny it may have been more interesting but i just blasted past after following for a while.

Had a leon 20v turbo try to keep up once. Silly bugger, must have thought he had a cupra!

Beat a fucus ST last week. Pulled a good few car lenghts on him but he handled a lot sweeter.

A clio 182 tagged onto me on the "airstrip" once. Right with me from 70 to 100. I should have changed down a couple of gears!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
andy bassett said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
im not even going to start my list :lol:

best one was a merc 500sel and jamie mac :lol:

and we all know wat happened against the merc :x bang :!:
Andy toasted me coz I thought I saw a woman!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts