Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three times now i have had the check tyre pressure message on the dash
Three times i have been to see if i have a nail in my tyre and for the third time i find out it's another cracked alloy. I am suprised i haven't been stopped for dangerous driving as i end up swerving all over the road to avoid the smallest pothole. Am i just unlucky or are the OM wheels doggy poo ? I did ask you guys if i should buy some after market wheels last year and the majority said stick to original, but 3rd cracked wheel in 18 months is a joke.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Get some phase 2 wheels mate - never heard of anyone having a problem with them

Must be a right pain in the arse!

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
im going to say this and i had it on another subject if you have had 2 or 3 good do you really expect any others not to go?

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
lemons right if one or two have gone then the others won't be far behind. why don't you try and get a set of the r26/cup wheels? still oem but with less cracking?

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
i have a cup 06 and had drivers wheel cracked twice and passenger cracked 3 times. they are crap alloys but wouldnt change them to different style. just get them welded until i have to buy (have money to buy) another one

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Shock mate always worse on the front and I take it the wheels haven't been new

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had one break on mine last year in the middle of nowhere, no potholes, no kurbs, etc.
Thought it was a puncture so the can of foam in the boot came out which did absolutely f**k all, first time I'd used them and last.
No spare, lesson learn't hard way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts