Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very excited and cannot wait to drive. Currently offshore and picking her up on my return.

Any info on starting out owning one would be much appreciated. Have been looking out for cleaning products to start with. Whats peoples best products for cleaning theres? was thinking of going for the autoglym.

Shall post pics soon as I am home.

Car also has the miltech exhaust and dump valve. Anyone have any thoughts on these?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
miltek is a nice system, not to loud but a decent noise.....dump vales are a sticky situation i love mine but some people dont.........as for cleaning now WOW this could go on for ever lol, if you just wana keep it simple then autoglym is fine but if you wana to stray further than halfords, then options are endless....me and my missus both have white cars and us poor boys white diamond sealant/polish and meguires stuff.....get some pics up when you can dude and good luck with her

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I think White stays clean very well much easier than darker colours..

Back end is a pain especially with the soot from the exhausts.

If you are new to the Meg dont worry about the rear screen steaming up when you boot it its just cause the pipes are in the middle of the bumper. They all do it.

Welcome to GW.

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
youre best off joining the forum fella as it is you dont have much access and cant use the forum properly, opens up loads if you do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ye sounds good shall get onto joining it properly when home.

Yes black alloys with tinted black windows. Im hoping she wont get too dirty.

Anymore thoughts on the dump valve and Milteck exhaust?

Thanks for all your comments

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Im also going to be having the Milltek, but turbo back i think. Not keen on the looks fo the KTR 3" system, shame the Milltek isn't just that...

Also wont be adding an aftermarket dump valve, i dislike the noise and the messing about after fitment. The Focus RS' never seem to boost quite right with one fitted... something to do with the re-circ.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Did you come from a FRS jme? Depending what milltek system you go for, the full turbo back may be abit noisey.

I'm not keen on BOV on anything other than highly tuned cars that need to run them or evos and scoobys. It's your car though so If you like it, keep it.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
iv got a Milltek cat back system and a forge bov on mine and love it, just the right noise level so not to in your face. Its all about what you like any ways.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Did you come from a FRS jme? Depending what milltek system you go for, the full turbo back may be abit noisey.
Yes, i had a turbo back de-cat Milltek on that running near 400Hp, im sure the meg will be quieter, and flame alot less :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there alot of messing around with the dump valve? I may get renault dealer to remove before I pick it up. What are we actually getting from the dump valve :O

Yes I think the white looks best :D

Now off to check out poor boys products cheers :D

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
To do it properly yes. The blanking plate is a ball ache to fit and remove due to the location. You get nothing from the BOV apart from the atmospheric vent everytime your on boost on let off the throttle. Some say turbo spool up seems to take longer with them fitted aswell allthough If any it will be minimal.

So why did you get rid of the FRS jme, what's your thoughts comparing the 2? There's 2 versions of the miltek exhaust system and one is meant to be pritty loud once decatted. If your used to a 400bhp decatted FRS though you'll probably be fine ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts