Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly fitted my uprated intercooler and viper induction kit yesterday. Bit of a ball ache doin the viper, bumper removal piece of pee with handy Andy's guide, intercooler replacement easy, but Piper X Viper kit a pain in the rear. Provide the kit to facilitate a forced air induction and the tube they provide for the 225 doesn't reach from the cone to the front of the car i.e the inlet trumpet which they provide. Inlet side of the induction to cone supposed to be a tollerance fit and slops around like a willy in the wind. Rang K-Tec who supplied it, and after a few crap suggestions like "nip the inlet up with your finger to make it fit tighter" yeah right lets just do some weight training for ten years to have the strenght, or try pliers and deform the annodised cyclinder shape intake from a kit that cost me in excess of £200....my arse. Got back onto David today at K Tec and they are supposed to be sorting out some extra ducting so it actualy reaches my intake trumpet which is already fitted and a new intake piece. Roll on Monday if it's here and I can do it all again!!!!!

Anyhow contemplating a decat and definitely getting the remap, so hopefully we will have our long awaited 300+BHP, just have to wait and see.....money permitting. :D :D :D

C u all at the show, best wishes Phill

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
The viper is a real pain. Does the ducting run straight from the filter to the front of the car? I used the standard pipe that runs along the side of the battery tray to feed the viper with a short piece of ducting between them. I could'nt see an easy route for it to go otherwise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna make a few mods to the front end m8, when my kit eventually turns up. Will let you know when I've finished. Cheers Phill

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You can test it at the fcs on the mobile rolling road. See if any of the tuning companys there dare to try match it!

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
pjdt77 said:
I'm gonna make a few mods to the front end m8, when my kit eventually turns up. Will let you know when I've finished. Cheers Phill
the route is real easy to do, you will see it as soon as the front bumper is off, it runs down the side of the battery down to behind the for glight and round the pipe that feeds the intercooler and just sits nice and neet behind the grill. takes about an hour to do.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
hi Guys just fitted the intercooler and had the blue flame system fitted two weeks ago just wondering which ik to go with. Then its just waitting for the remap

Richard

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
I've got a bassett style IK just the same as a pipercross from what I can see but get less noise inside the car. I'm just waiting on an intercooler at the moment, just need to get a spare saturday to get my zorst done, should be knocking on 290ish with that I rekon

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
jonseal said:
I've got a bassett style IK just the same as a pipercross from what I can see but get less noise inside the car. I'm just waiting on an intercooler at the moment, just need to get a spare saturday to get my zorst done, should be knocking on 290ish with that I rekon

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :wink:

i need a remap :(

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Give me a few weeks andy and i'll be saying the same thing!!

Shame i can't get the map done aswell! :cry:

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Yea i'll probably get the filter sorted once i get it, dump valve on its way already!!

Can start my buying spree now so its all here for when the car turns up..

Method in my madness really, spend all i can while i have the money, once its here i'll be paying for that and have no money left! :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts