Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My first post so here goes...

Been looking at the Megane 250 for a while and it seems perfect. I drive a mk2 Fabia vRS at the moment but I've been looking at the Megane because:

1. It's faster!
  2. The FF model has more extras and luxuries than my car
  3. I like a few track days and with the cup pack, it seems perfect
  4. The tuning seems more straightforward and transparent than the VAG group

I've been reading peoples' experiences and it seems to be 30MPG is possible when I'm not booting it around. I drive a fairly twisty A road 70-80% of the time at roughly 40-70mph with some dual carriageway.

I currently use the paddle shifters on my car so going back to manual would be odd at first. Heard nothing regarding the gearbox so I assume that's good.

I like doing track days like Bedford, Castle Combe etc but I've never seen a Megane 250 on track :p All the reviews seem brilliant though although I've not seen many track videos from people who own one.

I'd definitely want the K-Tec or Scorpion exhaust along with the remap and intercooler. My current car has a few bits and pieces and the Megane 250 versions look spot on.

Another big thing for me is Xenon headlights. My current car doesn't have them and the headlights are awful! Not seen many 250's with the visibility pack. Anyone have views on the visibility pack and the Xenon headlights or are the stock headlights good enough?

Brilliant forum and it's been good reading your posts. Helped me a lot.

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Gearbox is very light, and accurate.
Clutch is nice and precise.
Brakes superb, uprated pads and fluid for track days is sensible though.

There are a Few vids posted allright.
Here are two from my car, although I suppose googling the Ring lap record one is probably worth a look too :)

[video]http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=IE#/profile?user=daitcc&v=TBI7PHTUlN8&view=videos[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=IE#/watch?v=46qeNCZdOH0[/video]

It's very competitive on track, hassling much more expensive machinery.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Hello mate and welcome. RS250 is superb, love mine to bits, IMO visability pack is a must, difference in the xenons and the regulars on my RS225 are night and day lol pardon the pun! You also get the auto tint rear view mirror and auto folding door mirrors which are spot on too. I think the whole front of the car looks better with the xenon units compared to the regular lights.

Don't forget the RS Monitor too, great bit of kit :yes:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
get one , best hot hatch you can buy , think im getting my mrs a fabia vrs mk2 any problems to report ?
It's a good car. Only problem I had was high oil consumption for the first 8k miles. You'll get that with the 1.4 TSI engine.

Brans Hatch video was a good watch. Very small circuit setup that didn't see to challenge the car much :)

Any word on day-to-day usability of the 250?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use mine every day. Got a summer weekend toy, which might get used even less now I've got the 250.
Perfect for every day use. I commute round trip of 35 miles a day and although a little hard suspension wise (cup pack with 19's) it's nothing you've not experienced before if you've owned a decent hot hatch.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I use mine to commute back and fore to work every day. It's great all round really. Very quiet, comfortable, and the suspension isn't hard enough to make you grind your teeth over bumps even with the cup pack. (I'm on the 18's, could be harder with 19's).

My commute is about 30 miles a day. If I behave myself I get about 33mpg average over the trip, however, stick your foot down a couple of times and it soon drops. I'm averaging 27mpg at the moment, which is pretty normal for combined usage.

On the track, it's a absolute pleasure. Massive amounts of grip, but very predictable when the grip does run out. The tail can be maneuvered around quite easily if you want it to. The Recaros hold you in well too, especially combined with a CG-Lock.

All in all, great car, plenty of power and huge fun in the corners. On the last trackday I did (which was wet!) my dad was chasing me in his STI 330S but couldn't keep up. It'll show up far more exotic cars on the track!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Use mine daily. It's as easy to pootle around in as it is to enjoy some more challenging roads.

Best I had on my commute of 15miles is 32mpg using 10% B roads 90% A Road sitting around 70mph

But normally just take B roads all the way to work, so only averaging 21.7mpg which is the best weekly average I've had since owning the cars normally sitting around the 20.5mpg mark. But I do have it in extreme mode and the B roads are a lot of fun. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts