Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im new to the forum and just after some help if possible.
Ive got a 07 megane r26 with 45k on the clock iv'e had the car for a year and half and since I bought it i noticed every now and again the clutch would stick during hard acceleration and just ride up the revs but i just put it down to being too aggressive and eager to get on the power before giving the clutch time to engage properly, But now during normal driving the clutch is slipping more often so im guessing the clutch is probably on it last legs at 45k and its time to change it.
My father owns a small car garage so id get the labour for free but he tells me that iv'e got to change the flywheel and the slave cylinder if I change the clutch :s is this true? theres no juddering or knocking or anything off the flywheel all iv'e got is clutch slip, so just after some advice what you guys recommend and if where's the best place to buy the parts from.

any help would be appreciated, thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
You don't really know if its the clutch or flywheel, or both that are failing until stripping the car down.

The megane runs a dual-mass flywheel, tolerances will need checking on it to judge replacing it.

If it needs replacing you can fit a single-mass billet flywheel, which works out cheaper than a dual-mass replacement.

Yes, you need to fit a new slave cylinder when removing the gearbox.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Single mass should never need replacing as there are no springs in them.

IMO if you were to change the clutch I would replce the flywheel too because if it does show signs of wear shortly after the clutch replcement you have to do the job all over again.

One problem with the single mass. (search P0315 fault on here)

Always replace slave cylinder and they are a complete B1TCH to bleed.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Single mass should never need replacing as there are no springs in them.

IMO if you were to change the clutch I would replce the flywheel too because if it does show signs of wear shortly after the clutch replcement you have to do the job all over again.

One problem with the single mass. (search P0315 fault on here)

Always replace slave cylinder and they are a complete B1TCH to bleed.
Nooo there not dont scare the guy, mine bled 1st time, pump pump pump pedal solid, open renault nipple thing, pump away till flowing keeping brake fluid topped up, close nipple, job done firm pedal

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Trust me fella you were lucky! Simple as that.

What's the point in sugar coating something that is a pain the *ss?

It was pretty much the same for me when I put my SMF in but I have also spent 4 hours trying to bleed one at work.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
I agree and also that person on here bleed hers as just replacing the fluid and left with no pedal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts