Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, im scouting quite alot atm to make a purchase, however when comparing vehicles, some have the black masking on the headlights as fitted to an R26.R, while others are just all chrome? What and why?? :sweatdrop:

Also above, are the stickers not on the wrong side of the bumper?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
The first pic the flag is on the wrong side for a start, the flags usually sit on the passenger side like the lower pic, the R26.R headlights can be put on any R26 but not the Phase 1's..

With the top pic maybe said person has tried to be different and moved the flags around and fitted R26.R black headlights

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Black headlights on an R26 are the xenons. Silver are the normal halogens. R26.Rs have black interior halogens.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black headlights on an R26 are the xenons. Silver are the normal halogens. R26.Rs have black interior halogens.
Ah this might be the answer, looking closer the main projector lenses do look different. Guess i'll be looking for a car with xenons only then...

Bizzare with the flags anyway, most of the cars have totally different stuff. Blig flags, no flags, small flags only. Im aware there was a delete option, but the scope is massive lol :(

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the clarification there. I can see a clear difference between the two now, thanks!

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
both cars in the top pic have xenons. they both got the headlight washers. mine are they white ones and they are the xenons.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That if the latest replies are correct, there is now way to define xenon and just halogen projector headlights from pictures?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
That if the latest replies are correct, there is now way to define xenon and just halogen projector headlights from pictures?
Surest way is to look inside for the height adjustment - xenons are auto, so they don't have the adjuster wheel. The adjustment is below and to the right of the steering column, with dash brightness/cruise control.

That first picture looks very dodgy - decals on wrong side and it looks like someone's drilled some holes for parking sensors.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I always thought the clear lights were projectors? Grey and black were xenons, i might be wrong?

Yes mate this is correct also no headlight adjuster wheel on cars with factory Xenons

·
Registered
377 Posts
Xenons should always auto test themselves when the lights come on, so basically you should see the beam pattern quickly move up and down as they self adjust, if it does'nt then you aint got xenons ..... or they are broke.
Im pretty confident that the black border lamps are the xenons, it is on mine.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts